“Pillows Too Big, Blankets Too Hot”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel is nice. The rooms are nice. The Staff is EXCELLENT. But the pillows are too big and some places give a small (flatter) pillow and a big giant pillow, both my husband and I had a sore neck in the morning from the huge pillows. The bed has a sheet, and two comforters, but both of them are filled comforters and even the thin one was too hot.
Parking for guests is not free, and neither is Internet.
But the hotel is beautiful, the view was beautiful and the staff was amazing. There is a friendly bar in the lobby, it is a nice peaceful place to enjoy one another and chat in comfort.
We spend the weekend in Anchorage quite often, but will probably not stay here again because of the pillows and comforters.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear AlaskaCouple2008,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your patronage and your compliments on our beautiful hotel, amazing staff and friendly, peaceful lobby/lounge. I am truly sorry you did not sleep comfortably in our beds. There is nothing worse than being away from home and unable to sleep when traveling. I have been there myself.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve as your hosts. While the pillows and other components of the bed are a Sheraton standard we can prepare the room in a manner that will be most comfortable for you. Just give us a call before arrival and let what we can do to make your experience most comfortable.

Thank you for your feedback.

Take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Fast check in, awesome view and comfy beds. Rooms seem fairly updated with flat screen TVs and plenty of lighting options.
Unfortunately the people in the room next to ours were drunk and loudly arguing in the middle of the night. They eventually stopped though, and I resumed a decent nights sleep. Good water pressure in the shower...which was very refreshing after traveling.
Wish they had an airport shuttle!!!

Room Tip: I had the 15th floor and the views were spectacular.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Joel907,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. So sorry that noise from the neighboring room woke you. I am glad you were able to resume a restful nights sleep.

We appreciate the compliments on our front desk service, comfy beds, great showers and amazing views.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at the Anchorage Sheraton for five nights on business. The entry area is inviting. I had odd hours and wanted to stay in my room some mornings but was not disturbed. The room was always made up nicely when I returned. Some of the furniture is scratched and the wood under the fridg is very warped, kind of giving it a second-rate feeling. It is not bad, however, and I think I have seen too many hotel rooms lately! The WiFi cost so much...and then I had trouble accessing it once and was moved over to their computer company for help...which took some time and explanation. All in all...the experience was so-so.

1  Thank AroundtheWorld
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear AroundtheWorld,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. We are grateful for the detailed feedback you have provided. Our goal is to improve whenever presented with an opportunity to do so. I am so very sorry that all aspects of your stay were not top notch.

I would be interested to visit with you over the phone or via email if possible to learn more about your stay and specific detail from your visit that we can use to improve.

I can be reached directly at 907-343-3143 or via email at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help us offer a better product for our guests.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I did a review before on the Sheraton in Anchorage and I wanted to follow up that I have stayed there 3 more times and every time was perfect.
It is easy to get a good stay out of a hotel but to get that same great rooms, staff and amenities is hard to repeat over and over.
I wanted to comment that this hotel is consistently outstanding.

I have over 200 hotel night a year with my job so a good one is a great thing to come by.

I hope that helps,
Mike

Room Tip: Just an FYI, bring your workout cloths because they have a great gym. I have never used the spa so I...

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for regularly choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post another review on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you describe your stays in our hotel as "perfect", find our rooms comfortable, and are so pleased with our "great" staff.

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to us. Compliments from a seasoned traveler such as you really mean a lot to us.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

this hotel is haunted. yes! there are ghosts in this hotel. its next to the cementary.
it is also in a poor neighborhood. the bed sheets always have static. the main thing that really sucks about this hotel is that its haunted. the ghosts will disrupt your sleep. it doesnt make any sense to pay to stay at a hotel to get a good nights sleep only to be disturbed by a transient being.

Room Tip: book your hotel at hilton garden inn
1  Thank john s

Dear John S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so sorry you did not sleep comfortably. I can honestly say a guest has never before told me that they consider our hotel to be haunted. I feel just awful that you did not have a great stay. I would be interested to learn about your experience in our property. Perhaps you could send an email or give me a call so I could learn more.

I can be reached at 907-343-3143 or via email at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just finished up a stay here for five nights while on a business trip to Anchorage. Parking is a cinch as it's free and right outside the building. The lobby is really nice I loved the fireplace. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the view from the top is great. Can't say enough about the location everything is two minutes away, including a top notch gym (Anchorage athletic club). Spa on the roof top was nice though i chose not to get a massage because it was just a tad pricey for my liking. Free bottles of water in the room are a life saver and the free hot cholocate in the lobby is a nice touch too.

The room was simple, clean and nice. My only critique here would be the bathroom is outdated. The shower flow was just awesome. if you like a lot of pressure this was among the best at any hotel from recent memory.

One annoying thing is wifi is $10/day. Really? Just include it for free as it is in the lobby. Thankfully I was able to piggyback off a free signal from a neighboring hotel. Also being an SPG member i was disappointed they didn't upgrade my room for free.

Tip: be sure to hang the correct door notice outside your room if you can skip the room service. You get $5 off anything in the hotel or 500 SPG points for each night you don't have them clean your room (they throw the voucher under your door each morning).

Dear Rmani81,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you had a nice visit. Thanks for commenting on our tasty breakfast buffet, nice/clean rooms and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility.

Our Green Choice program is something we are very proud of. I appreciate your pointing out the program's benefits.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We spent two nights here. Nice rooms, nice amenities, good location to restaurants and shops. Nice breakfast buffet - loved the blintzes! Good views of the city from the upper floors. The staff was quite friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Pitufo00,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We very much appreciate your feedback on our rooms, amenities, location, friendly staff and great food (I also really like the blintzes).

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.