“Rooms are nice service was terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
“Rooms are nice service was terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Took over a month to clear up an accounting issue. I talked with someone that said they would clear it up for me and after checking a month later and several phone calls I finally resolved it by going in personally. I was frustrated by the non communication. A simple returned phone call would have been nice. I will not stay at this hotel again. I don't feel that I was treated well.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Linkalive
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Linkalive,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on tripadvisor. Thank you for complimenting us our guest rooms. I am very sorry to learn that you encountered a problem with our hotel accounting and that we did not do a good job of communicating with you to resolve the issue. You absolutely should not have had to come into the hotel to get it fixed. I don't blame you for being frustrated and for not feeling like you were treated well. I won't try to make any excuses on our part. We should have resolved your issue immediately and showed a sense of urgency in doing so. I feel terrible that we let you down.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about the issue, and what we could have done better. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your experience with me so that we are best able to improve.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could give this hotel an Excellent+ rating in every category. The staff provided impeccable service and hospitality. Particularly so David Blome, Guest Experience Manager, and James who works evenings in In-Room Dining. I recommend breakfast in the Jade Room. Made-to-order omelettes, Belgian waffles, and reindeer sausage were especially yummy.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Heathmo206,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you describe our hotel as "top notch" and our service impeccable. I appreciate you pointing out the exceptional service provided by Guest Experience Manager David Blome and James in our IRD department. Both are shining examples of associates who truly care about providing personal service for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments along. I am so glad that you enjoyed dining in Jade. Chef Jon and the culinary/service teams do a great job.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sheraton Anchorage was great for the few nights I stayed in Anchorage. It was not too far from the airport and easy to find. The lobby, spa and restaurant were lovely. The room was clean but very standard. Not at all for a romantic getaway or if you plan to spend a ton of time in the room. If you need a warm clean and comfortabe place to sleep and shower this is your best pick. The staff at the front desk was super friendly. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear April Ann S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you had a "great" visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our "warm, clean, comfortable accommodations, super friendly staff and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review, and receive your recommendation. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Larchmont, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Booked two nights because we arrived at 1am on Sat and departed Sun @ 6 am. Desk staff was nice, but sleepy when we checked in.

We were upgraded to executive privileges bc of SPG account, so not a larger room, but access to lounge for bfast/snacks - always appreciated! Room faced water and was MUCH nicer than our stay about 3 years ago - bathrooms are still European small - but spotlessly clean. Also waved the cleaning in the room for 500 points, but received a $5 voucher instead?!?(Had to use onsite by checkout date...just saw that as I was cleaning out my wallet.)

Used spa - w o n d e r f u l! Peaceful. Great view of mountains. Spa Manager - You need to enforce the quiet policy - the lounge was just outside my husband's treatment room and a set of women there for a BD treat would not stop talking loudly - just rude...

We used the computer giant circle table in the lobby to do about an hours business email, etc. VERY NICE!

All in all - a solid SPG experience. Will use again for next Anchorage trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Riggingdiva,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your return visit with us. It was great to read that you saw a nice improvement from your stay 3 years ago. We appreciate your commenting on your Club Floor experience; Make a Green Choice program, Ice Spa and the cleanliness of your accommodations. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Thanks so much for the feedback and patronage! We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, during my visit to Alaska. Since I am a platinum SPG member, they upgraded me to a nice junior suite, and complimentary breakfast. What a nice touch! The staff were very friendly and kind. Will definitely stay here again when I visit Anchorage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cookiebeast,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to SPG and are glad we could do the upgrade. Thanks too for mentioning our "kind and friendly" staff. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback, and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Mililani, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

First visit to Anchorage; in town for business. The Sheraton Anchorage was pretty standard. Nothing wrong...nothing spectacular. The lobby was decently upgraded, nice fireplace, and the rooms were clean, with the Sweet Sleeper bed. Bathrooms are abysmally small, but this seems par for older hotels in the brand. The staff was friendly. Got a room on the 14th floor, which I assume was a "preferred room"; I am Starwood Gold. I appreciated the location, as we were able to walk to the 5th Ave shopping center, and several decent dining options. Still waiting on points to credit for Make A Green Choice (waived housekeeping service), even though stay credits posted immediately after check out. Would consider the property again.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor, that overlooks the water, as opposed to the cemetery.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean rooms, amazing views, friendly staff and convenient location. I sent an email this morning confirming your Make a Green Choice points have been awarded. Sorry for the delay. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Sheraton in Anchorage is a good place for Partyers! We are currently in Anchorage, and we have now had 2 sleepless nights due to a room full of partyers across the hall from us.
In addition to calling down to the front desk many times from 12pm until 5:30 am (as did several other rooms) each night so that security could threaten to throw out the room of guys partying (I say threaten because they never followed through with throwing them out as they continued), I also spoke to the front desk staff and Management on 3 separate occasions.
Finally after the 4th time we insisted on changing rooms as we have 2 more nights and the guys are still having "fun" in their room. They did not think it was necessary as we were told to call if we heard any noise and they would keep an "eye" on the party room. However, we are exhausted and need a good nights sleep.
I must note that we were listened to, however our complaints were not heard, as we were the ones being inconvenienced in having to change rooms and insisting on the change. We were offered free breakfast however our room came with breakfast. There was no upgrade to our room or anything else offered to compensate for our poor experiences that Management had full control of changing.
So if you are a family, business traveler, or someone that values a good nights sleep, the Sheraton is NOT the place to stay in Anchorage.
If you are a Partyer, then stay there and party on.

Room Tip: The sheets are so stiff that they stand up on their own. And they make noise when when you are toss...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Lifeplanner,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on tripadvisor. I am very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed due to noise from another guest room, and that our security and front desk management staff did not respond appropriately. I sincerely apologize for any of our team member’s actions/statements that caused you to feel that you were not being listened to or that your experience in our hotel was not important. I feel terrible that we let you down.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your experience with me so that we are best able to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels