“Very Impressed by the Customer Service”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel on multiple occasions during my visits to anchorage. What I find outstanding at the hotel and what brings me back here is the superior customer service offered. I have stayed at multiple hotels as I travel quite a bit and starting from the customer relationship manager - Michael J, to David B at the front desk and James in room service - I felt that they make an extra effort to make my stay comfortable. I had to entertain some friends at the hotel - I contacted Micheal J, the customer relationship manager - and he went out of his way to make appropriate arrangements to make that possible.

These folks at this hotel have made it their goal to provide a good customer experience and are doing pretty well at that!.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Puneet S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thank you very much for noting our commitment to customer service, and for specifically recognizing Michael, James and David. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are proud of our beautiful hotel, grateful to work with such an exceptional team, and honored to have so many loyal guests.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My stay at the Sheraton Anchorage was great. The hotel staff was friendly and professional. My room had a great view of the city. The bed was very comfortable, but the oversized pillows left something to be desired. Clean room, spacious restroom. The Sheraton Anchorage is a great place to stay.

Parking will run your $20 a day. But, the hotel is nice and within walking distance of several points of interest in downtown Anchorage.

I am looking forward to coming back in February... I plan on trying out the Spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear AmericanOdyssey,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out how clean your room was, the comfort of the bed, and the incredible views. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. It's great to know that you found our staff so friendly & personable too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your visit to Anchorage, and look forward to seeing you again in February.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just popped into Anchorage last weekend to stay for convenience so that our trip to the airport would not need to be so early on the Friday am. Unfortunately the room was roasting hot that evening and it was most uncomfortable for us during the night so we did not sleep well that evening at all. The bed was very comfortable but given the heat in the room, this didn't make up for it. We were in the 13th floor and when I mentioned it the next morning, they said they were having issues. Maintenance was aware of the problem and working on it but that didn't do anything for us during the night. I didn't call the front desk during the night as I wasn't up for moving rooms at 1 or 2am but I was surprised that they didn't offer more than an apology, given how uncomfortable it was was and knowing about the issues before hand.

I believe the auto start on our vehicle was what gave us a problem that morning (still being checked out) but the management did finally offer to have someone on staff come round and give me a jump when I went to depart the hotel. That was a saving grace despite the hot room so I won't fault them too much, however, we had to call for a cab for my fiancée to go to the airport because the hotel discontinued their airport shuttle service. This was not known till the next morning when the car would not start and needed to make quick alternate arrangements.

Given the 'hot and uncomfortable' room, their service with my car made up for it, although I could have called for road side assistance as well. Was a little disappointed in the stay so next trip to Anchorage will probably find us looking to be elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear CheffK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very disappointed that your room was hot and we were not able to offer a better resolution to the situation. I feel very bad that you had difficulty sleeping.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our management and service teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

On the first and last night of our trip to Alaska, we stayed at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and that did help to make up a little for the run-down feel of the hotel. When we arrived, our room was not ready for a couple hours, so they gave us breakfast vouchers. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was neither terrible nor great. It was acceptable. If this had been our main destination, it would have been a very disappointing vacation. It did, however, provide acceptable, clean lodging for the first and last nights of our trip. Also, for the price, I really would not expect more. It was a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Details-R_Impt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I hope you enjoyed your end of summer Alaskan experience. Thanks for mentioning that you found our lodging accommodations clean and that we were a good value.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I would be interested in any comments or suggestions you might have that would have made your hotel or restaurant experiences exceptional. If you have a moment could you drop me a line at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or give me a call on my direct line - 907-343-3143?

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My room was comfortable and clean, with an excellent view of the mountains. The staff are extremely friendly - from the front-desk clerk who gladly gave me a mountain view room, to the wait staff in the restaurant and the bar, everyone clearly aimed to be helpful. I had complimentary wifi, which was easy to access, and complimentary water bottles in my room as a Sheraton rewards member. They also have a nice program that gives you a $5 certifcate for each day you forego housekeeping - help save the environment by reusing your linens, and get $5 toward food in the hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Luvtravels33
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Luvtravels33,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out our excellent views, our Green Choice (environmental conservation) program, and how pleased you were by our helpful staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your visit to Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton with a few friends while we were visiting Anchorage. Even though there were 4 of us we were all really comfortable in the room. It was clean and the hotel staff were fantastic! Any questions or requests were handled promptly and they did so with a smile. We call the front desk for an extra blanket, it arrived within a few minutes and then a while later the front desk called us back to make sure it had arrived and that we had all we needed - which I thought was fantastic! The location was great only a couple of blocks from the 5th avenue mall, and there was a car rental place really close as well. The cemetery was an unfortunate view but if you can look past it, we also got a great view of the mountains and ocean.
I was really impressed with the hotel and staff and I would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Teagan L,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that you and your traveling companions had a nice time. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, how clean your room was, and how impressed you were by our helpful staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments and compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your holiday in Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just stayed at the Sheraton while visiting our grandson who is serving in the Air Force in Anchorage. Our experience at the Sheraton was very pleasant. We had three rooms with two of them adjoining. This worked very well for us. We were also very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the excellent location, lovely views, and a superior staff. One staff member in particular went out of her way to be helpful. Jennifer helped me when I called before starting our trip when I called to request the rooms and after when we arrived with room location. She also helped with directions around Anchorage and called to let us know our son's luggage arrived at the hotel. Someone took it by mistake at the airport. This saved stress while shopping dining after arrival. We will definitely stay at the Sheraton Anchorage if we come back next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you have chosen us as your home away from home while visiting your grandson at JBER. I am so happy you were comfortable and that we were able to accommodate the adjoining rooms. Thanks for commenting on how clean the rooms are, the awesome views, our great location and superior staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with our team, and especially to Jennifer. I am so glad she was able to help you out.

Thank you again for your patronage. We look forward to your next trip to visit your grandson.