“Very friendly staff”

Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Vancouver, Canada
“Very friendly staff”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for four nights in Aug and found this Sheraton a good choice.
If upgrading to the club lounge, they had a great breakfast plus afternoon snacks and soft drinks. The gentleman who was looking after it was very attentive. The best part of this lounge was the amazing views of the surrounding mountains, even Mt McKinley showed her peaks one day!
The rooms are typical sheraton; clean, great beds etc. Restaurant "jade" served good food.
Front desk staff were very friendly.
It's location is a few blocks from the downtown center, but easy walking. Lots of parking with easy access in and out of town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Holly181725,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out how clean your room was, how much you enjoyed the Club Lounge and the food in Jade. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. It's great to know that you found our staff so friendly too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your visit to Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Ontario
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the forth time I am staying here, nice hotel with a large lobby, staff are friendly both front desk and restaurant. Hotel provide free wi-fi since I expect them to charge. We had lunch in our meeting room, sandwich, cold cut and salads. Had breakfast here once if you never tried reindeer sausage they serve it for breakfast. Overall buffet breakfast is nice with usual fruit, cereal, bacon, egg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear YTOAY,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last 4 trips to Anchorage, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you have chosen us as your home away from home. Thanks for commenting on our nice hotel and friendly team members. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with our team. We are grateful for feedback and do our best to learn from the experiences and suggestions of our guests.

Thank you again for your patronage. I hope that we might meet in person during your next visit.

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed October 19, 2012

There is no many good hotels to choose in Anchorage. We decide to stay in Sheraton. Try to get your room on the upper floor so it's very nice city view , room is just normal, clean and comfortable. Free wifi access on the lobby. Good price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Wojciechwng,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am delighted to know that you found your room clean and comfortable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean, well maintained property. Thanks too for noting our great price and free wifi in the lobby.

I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise.

Take Care.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

the hotel is absolutely GREAT! The rooms were good, the room service was pretty good, but the restaurant left a little to be desired. The front desk staff and the bell staff were beyond the "Best" never had a luggage issue, picked up and delivered as promised. The place is a little expensive

Room Tip: most rooms have a spectacular view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Iceman2880,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a GREAT experience. Thanks for mentioning our exceptional staff, good guest rooms and fantastic views.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I would be interested in any comments or suggestions you might have that would have made your restaurant and/or room service experiences exceptional. If you have a moment could you drop me a line at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or give me a call on my direct line - 907-343-3143?

Thank you again for wonderful review.

Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 12, 2012

When looking at hotel prices in Anchorage nothing really stood out... most are expensive for what they offer.

Finally decided on the Sheraton and was only a little disappointed. The room was good, but I paid a little extra to have Club access and that was totally not worth it. Small with not much on offer and a TV that was turned on loudly.

The gym was good and free parking always is appreciated. Since you will probably have a car location is not that important and everything seems spread out so there isn't much of a town center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear GH_RTW

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you can describe our hotel as "solid", and your room and our gym as "good". All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service, and a clean, well maintained property. I am sorry that your experience on the club level wasn't outstanding. Typically we hear rave reviews from our guests who upgrade. Most value the hot items at breakfast, unlimited beverages, snacks in the afternoon and the comfort and convenience of the room.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 11, 2012

There are three major hotels in Anchorage with the Sheraton, Marriott and Hilton. The Sheraton is on par with the other two. Very friendly front desk staff as well as breakfast wait staff.

Like all the major hotels in Anchorage the rooms are under go "hard use" and this hotel is no exception. Having said that the rooms are clean, very comfortable and serviced well by the maid staff. Club level room needs some improvement in food offerings but really like having coffee machine, cold drinks and snacks available 24/7 good thought.

Would recommend equally with the other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ghostrider5408,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out how clean, comfortable and well serviced your room was. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. It's great to know that you found our staff so friendly too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on. Thanks too for letting us know that we need to keep working on our offerings in the club lounge. It is a work in progress and your feedback is very helpful.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I arrived on the train from Denali in the evening and was told my room wasn't ready yet and that I could wait in the lobby. However, I had booked a club room so I asked for the key to the club level so I could wait in that lounge. Then he said he would give me a key to the club lounge and he also said a room just became available.

I was satisfied with my room and Eric in the club lounge was very helpful and while he was restocking things, I talked to him and he suggested a number of interesting things for me to see in Anchorage. The guy working in the morning in the lounge was also very nice. However, one night one guy just walked up to the door and started banging on it without even trying his key. At first we ignored him but when he kept banging, someone let him in and he said that his key didn't work but he hadn't even tried it.

I had a late night flight so after checking out I stayed in the club lounge but then after a while decided to go wait in the lobby. I was about to ask reception to call for a taxi for me but first wanted to use the bathroom. When I walked over to use the bathroom, Shane at reception asked me whether I was a guest at the hotel and I said yes. Then he said he wanted to see my room key and I said I had already checked out and was just waiting in the lobby for my flight. I am fairly that Shane was also the guy who checked me in. He didn't apologize at all for his rude behavior and then when I came out of the bathroom, I asked him because he was the only person at reception at the time to call a taxi for me. Then fifteen minutes later I went to check on when the taxi was coming and found out Shane hadn't called for a taxi at all and his excuse was, he thought there was already one there. But if he thought that then why didn't he let me know there was already a taxi waiting. Fortunately at that time there was another guy at reception and he was much more competent and called a taxi for me and let me know when it arrived. Except for Shane, the people working there were very professional. It's such a shame there are people like Shane at that Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sigulda158
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Sigulda158,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, were comfortable and found the majority of our team members professional. I am truly sorry for the interaction with our team member at the end of your stay. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility. It is obvious from reading your review you did not receive the respect and level of service you deserve. I feel just awful about that.

I promise that I will share your experience and comments with our entire team and especially with the team member you mentioned (in an educational and constructive manner) so that we can all learn, grow and improve.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that we can serve as your hosts again very soon.