“Comfortable bed”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel after a memorable Alaska cruise. When we arrived at midday there was no hotel porters to carry our bags. Had to drag them ourselves to the 7th floor. Staff at reception was warm and helpful but a bit harassed. There were about 6 people waiting to check in. Our early check in was accommodated. The room faced the war cemetery which I didn't mind at all. We were hardly in the room anyway. The bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in ( a great plus ) The room is clean and adequately furnished. Bathroom is OK.
The hotel is not centrally located but is about 10-15 minutes walk from the city centre. Free and fast Wifi at hotel lobby but we've got free wifi in the room as well ( another plus )
Didn't eat at the hotel as there is a great eatery called The Country Kitchen just across the road and you must try their Blueberry pancakes for breakfast !
Anchorage is a beautiful city with lots of things to do and sights to see and their crab dinners are just to die for.
I would have given the hotel a 5 star if I didn't have to cart my own luggage.

1  Thank 451Sally
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear 451Sally,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay. I am so glad that you found the room clean, nicely furnished and appreciated our oh so comfortable beds. I am very sorry that a staff member was not available to help with your luggage.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with the rest of the team.

Thank you again, for allowing us to serve as your hosts.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Anchorage Hotel

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here at beginning and end of a land tour and found it very adequate for our needs. There was a 5-6 block walk to the center of town, which was a pleasant experience on a day when the weather was nice. Enjoyed a light dinner in the lounge - food was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear TexasCoyote,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a nice experience. Glad you enjoyed the food in the lounge too. Chef Jon and his team do a really nice job.

I will share your comments and compliments with the rest of the team.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel and clearly the staff is well trained and efficient. We got a room facing the north and had great view of Alaska Range. Breakfast buffet was more than ample and again, staff went out of their way to help. Only downside was that between time I made reservation and July 4, they stopped offering their downtown shuttle so we had unwelcomed taxi expenses for both days to the train station. It would make this facility 5 star!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear MidwestLiketoTravel,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are all very proud of our hotel and are happy that you were comfortable, enjoyed your meals, & that you found our staff to be well trained and efficient.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed that we don't offer a downtown shuttle. We are in the process of reviewing that decision and making plans for next year. Your feedback is welcome and valuable.

By hearing how we can do better, we can begin to take steps to becoming better.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again the next time you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night between the ending of a cruise holiday and the beginning of a Denali Rail Tour. The hotel was nice- reception did a great job with my room. The bed was good- I had to call down to get a robe and one was brought up promptly. Ate in the bar- the food was good. I used the free internet which was extremely convenient. The hotel is not in the downtown area which was a bummer but of course I was just staying overnight. If I were exploring Anchorage it might have been more irritating. Breakfast room service was prompt and even called to verify items in my order at 6:00am (my order was for 6:30 so I was awake already). Everything arrived perfect. Well done.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Windsong70,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you enjoyed staying with us. It's so nice to know that you enjoyed your meals in room service/the bar, found your accommodations/the hotel comfortable and our team members friendly and welcoming. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean, well maintained property.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve as your hosts when you are in Anchorage. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We reserved an ocean view room but when we got there they gave us a cemetery view room ... Thats was a real bad welcome ! I asked them to change my room immediately and they changed it to a "half city- half cemetery" view..Continental breakfast was a bit plain. Service was great and the distance to the center was good. Some of the items in the room needs to be upgrade since it is an old hotel but overall we had a nice time there.

Dear M D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit to our hotel. I am very disappointed that some of the aspects off your stay were less than favorable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our front desk team/management as well as our culinary and club lounge service teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is outdated but clean. The buffet breakfast was good. Typical Sheraton, got what we paid for.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Jacers1,

I am so very happy that you had a nice visit with us, enjoyed the food, and found the hotel both clean, and convenient. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel twice for 1 night each time during our road trip in July. Both times we arrived late but had no problems checking in. Common areas of the hotel are clean and very nice. Next to registration desk there is small business center with computers and free but timed internet.
But most that we enjoyed this particular hotel for their beds. They were just perfect to lay down after whole day of driving of more that 400 miles. Rooms were clean and large, no smell, no stains anywhere. Well done.
It is given us everything we were looking for, thus 5 star rating. BUT as everything in life, nothing is perfect - breakfast on the property is pricey as well as $10 per night to park a car. We were able to find alternative solutions for both and without ruining our experience.

As for the location itself. Can't opine on that since we had a car and had no problems getting anywhere.

If and when we were to come back to Anchorage this property is definitely at the top of our list.

Room Tip: - There is good diner right next to the hotel parking where breakfast can be had for less than in th...

Dear lvs23,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us (twice), and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was so very happy to read that you enjoyed both visits. It's nice to know that you found our rooms clean, and the beds so very comfortable. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean facility, excellent food and exceptional team members.

We are grateful that you would choose to stay with us again. I hope we have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Thank you again for your patronage.