“Hotel Review”

Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Los Angeles, California
“Hotel Review”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We reserved an ocean view room but when we got there they gave us a cemetery view room ... Thats was a real bad welcome ! I asked them to change my room immediately and they changed it to a "half city- half cemetery" view..Continental breakfast was a bit plain. Service was great and the distance to the center was good. Some of the items in the room needs to be upgrade since it is an old hotel but overall we had a nice time there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear M D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit to our hotel. I am very disappointed that some of the aspects off your stay were less than favorable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our front desk team/management as well as our culinary and club lounge service teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again soon.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
new jersey
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is outdated but clean. The buffet breakfast was good. Typical Sheraton, got what we paid for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Jacers1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.

I am so very happy that you had a nice visit with us, enjoyed the food, and found the hotel both clean, and convenient. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel twice for 1 night each time during our road trip in July. Both times we arrived late but had no problems checking in. Common areas of the hotel are clean and very nice. Next to registration desk there is small business center with computers and free but timed internet.
But most that we enjoyed this particular hotel for their beds. They were just perfect to lay down after whole day of driving of more that 400 miles. Rooms were clean and large, no smell, no stains anywhere. Well done.
It is given us everything we were looking for, thus 5 star rating. BUT as everything in life, nothing is perfect - breakfast on the property is pricey as well as $10 per night to park a car. We were able to find alternative solutions for both and without ruining our experience.

As for the location itself. Can't opine on that since we had a car and had no problems getting anywhere.

If and when we were to come back to Anchorage this property is definitely at the top of our list.

Room Tip: - There is good diner right next to the hotel parking where breakfast can be had for less than in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lvs23,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us (twice), and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was so very happy to read that you enjoyed both visits. It's nice to know that you found our rooms clean, and the beds so very comfortable. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean facility, excellent food and exceptional team members.

We are grateful that you would choose to stay with us again. I hope we have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Thank you again for your patronage.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We reserved a room at this hotel for a recent vacatrion. We wanted a 2 queen bed room and when we checked in they told us that they were sold out of the 2 queen beds. The hotel staff was nice but was unable to upgrade us. A big inconvenience when you have two teenage kids. The hotel is close by to many downtown activities. Nice hotel with restaurant. Food at the restaurant is pricey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jack S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you had with getting the room type you requested/needed. I realize this caused you and your family a hardship and for that I am very sorry.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our front desk and reservations teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

Thank you again for your patronage and for the valuable feedback.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Hotel was very nice, rooms were large, very clean and comfortable. We upgraded to the Club Level for $30 more a day. The Club Lounge is worthless. The evening appetizers were terrible, usually cheese and crackers and pot stickers. No alcohol is served in the club lounge, not for free or for pay. The breakfast was just cereal , yogurt or toasty The hotel is also a little further out than the Hilton or Captain Cook (both are in the heart of the City). We didn't mind the walk, but at the end of the day with many shopping bags it grew tiresome. Still, all in all, a nice hotel - and the staff was extremely accomodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LizannC,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and our hotel nice. I was sorry to read that you did not find the upgrade to club level (lounge access) worth the additional charge.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with the Executive Chef as well as our culinary and club lounge service teams. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.
Chappell Hill, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past 5 years. It's consistently clean, quiet and comfortable.

It's only drawback is not being more centrally located to downtown. Since it's only a 10-15 minute walk, that's not a deal breaker for me, however.

The rooms have blackout curtains for those summer days that never end and all the usual amenities (iron, coffee, wifi, etc).

Friendly, helpful staff round out this hotel insuring you a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear rndboyd,

Thank you for regularly choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.

I am so very happy that you have enjoyed your visits with us, and that you have found our hotel to be consistently clean, quiet and comfortable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean comfortable facility for our guests.

Thanks too, for complimenting our staff. I am very proud of our team and their commitment to our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments and compliments on to them.

Parkdale, Oregon
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My Dad and I stayed here on our way back home after fishing down on the Kenai for several days. The room was nice, beds were very comfortable and the furnishings all had been updated recently. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant in the morning and the food was pretty good. We had to wait a bit to get our order in, but the waiter gave us a discount for the wait without us even complaining. The hotel is located in a bit of a rough area and we ended up driving to dinner because my Dad's knee was bothering him. Still, the good downtown restaurants were only 7 blocks away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Checkbook,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean rooms, cozy beds and exceptional team members. I am glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant as well.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for all of our guests. It is gratifying to know that a seasoned traveler such as you recognizes our efforts.

Thank you again for your patronage. I hope your Dad's knee is feeling better.