“What a difference six months makes!”
Review of Creekwood Inn

Creekwood Inn
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A year or so ago I wrote a "glowing" review on the Creekwood Inn. I stayed there again December 2012 and there was "confusion" as to my reservation. I was unable to get the room I reserved; however, it was still acceptable. Also, the price had increased, making it less attractive. Still, it was "okay." Then, this April I attempted to make a reservation and I was told the previous Manager was gone and that the rates had risen SIGNIFICANTLY! I explained how loyal I had been to them, all the referrals I had made to them, etc. The response was, "Our prices are set! There are no professional or business rates, and we only have the old rooms available at any lesser rate. I then went and checked other motels and their rates. I ended up staying at the American Best Value Inn of Anchorage. It was a modern motel, had a complimentary breakfast, had airport shuttle service, and was the same price as Creekwood Inn. I will not be staying at Creekwood Inn again. This makes me sad, in that the previous management made it feels "like home." My recommendation is that before you make a reservation at Creekwood Inn, check around! For the lower price and the "warm" staff, it made up for the fact that it was old and had some "issues." People sometimes forget that regardless of the facility, "people make the difference." As a business traveler, who stays for a week at a time, one wants to "feel at home." That feeling no longer exists for me at the Creakwood Inn.

Room Tip: Look to other motels. I mentioned American Best Value Inn of Anchorage; however, if one is to pay a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Donald G
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that your last stay with us was not a pleasant one. We appreciate your patronage and would like to extend a 10% discount to you should you stay with us again. We have upgraded all of our motel rooms and with facility upgrades comes price raises. We will continue to price other motels to be sure we are offering the best value in Anchorage. We pride ourselves on guest experience and we aplogize if you felt we were lacking in that department.

We recently upgraded our WI-FI service as well to offer guests a high speed internet connection. We have also added a continental breakfast to our services which will be available June 1st 2013 at $6.00 per person. We thank you for your valuable input as you the guests are what makes Creekwood Inn work.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I only stayed here for a few hours to rest and shower before my flight out of Anchorage. It was very hot in my room with no AC and just a table top fan. I opened my window but there was no screen, so I when I showered I had to close the window which did not lock. As a female traveling alone, I would not have been comfortable to stay the night by myself. However, the staff was very nice and the bathroom was clean. Hotel is close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank All50states_21
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are in the process of remodeling our motel rooms. We are sorry your window did not have a screen. We have since corrected that issue. If you travel to Anchorage, Alaska again, we would like to make it up to you. If you do choose to stay with us we will give you 10% off your total stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

At the last minute, three of us needed a safe place to stay that was close to the Ancourage airport. At first we thought that only truck drivers were allowed, but we went in and were shown where to park close to the inn and close to the office. Don't be put off by the outside appearance of it, because the room was immaculate, cheerful and everything looked brand new. It was very quiet overnight. I especially liked that the bedspreads looked like (new) "sweet oldfashioned quilts", instead of the slicky, silky-looking bedspreads found in more expensive hotels. We wanted a nice, safe, inexpensive, cozy, warm place to rest after driving in from Homer! We found it at the Creekwood Inn and I got to the airport with time to wander around and enjoy the Native art exhibit!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank FiammaMama
Creekwood_Manager, Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. We hope to see you soon.

Amber VKP
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Typical motel, nothing special but quite OK for a motel. But clean and for a good value at the same time. Very nice staff. We can only recommend! Ideal for budget travellers, just off the Seward Highway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OP255
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I found ourselves needing a long term extended stay motel to visit family in Anchorage. We also like to keep our travel budget low with access to a fridge and kitchen. The Creekwood Inn is tucked away in Midtown Anchorage, but if you need a King size bed with a kitchen you may want to consider staying here! The bed is not fancy and the linens are average, but don't let that deter you if you just need a place to lay your head. There is a laundry facility on site. For the full season price with 12% tax roughly $112.00 per night. The weekly rate with taxes was just over $600.00. The location is quiet during the night even if you leave your windows open there is limited noise. We only heard one other traveler come in after us and the inn and RV park was full.

The Creekwood Inn takes reservations and will send an email confirmation, but does not charge you until you arrive. The staff is friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: **There is no swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SeiAG
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed one night here and my daughter was glad it was only one night. We were upset that there was no room for parking in the lot and were told" park on the street". I did not like leaving our rental van on the street over night. The young boy at the desk was not very friendly when we arrived, however the next morning the girl at the desk was excellent and extremely helpful. Overall I thought the room was clean but small.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nanaandpop

Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are in the process of updating our motel rooms. We do have larger rooms which we would be more than happy to place you in. We are sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. If you travel to Anchorage, Alaska again, we would like to make it up to you. If you do choose to stay with us again we will give you 10% off your total stay. Please reference this posting to receive the discount.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel to Anchorage quite often; therefore, I am always looking for an "above average" hotel at a "below average" cost! I have followed the reviews for Creekwood Inn for some time; and, to put it mildly, they were "spotty!" Since I was planning a three-week stay, I wanted to be sure of the quality. What I found is they are in the process of remodeling and my room was spectacular! However, the outside does not reflect the inside. The location is great! The personnel are super. And, I will be staying there my next trip to Anchorage!

Room Tip: Since they are in the process of remodeling, there is a great deal of difference between the remodel...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Donald G
Creekwood_Manager, Night Supervisor at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Hello Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!