“King size bed and kitchenette! Reasonable accomodations for the traveler on a budget!”
Review of Creekwood Inn

Creekwood Inn
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I found ourselves needing a long term extended stay motel to visit family in Anchorage. We also like to keep our travel budget low with access to a fridge and kitchen. The Creekwood Inn is tucked away in Midtown Anchorage, but if you need a King size bed with a kitchen you may want to consider staying here! The bed is not fancy and the linens are average, but don't let that deter you if you just need a place to lay your head. There is a laundry facility on site. For the full season price with 12% tax roughly $112.00 per night. The weekly rate with taxes was just over $600.00. The location is quiet during the night even if you leave your windows open there is limited noise. We only heard one other traveler come in after us and the inn and RV park was full.

The Creekwood Inn takes reservations and will send an email confirmation, but does not charge you until you arrive. The staff is friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: **There is no swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SeiAG
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed one night here and my daughter was glad it was only one night. We were upset that there was no room for parking in the lot and were told" park on the street". I did not like leaving our rental van on the street over night. The young boy at the desk was not very friendly when we arrived, however the next morning the girl at the desk was excellent and extremely helpful. Overall I thought the room was clean but small.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nanaandpop
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are in the process of updating our motel rooms. We do have larger rooms which we would be more than happy to place you in. We are sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. If you travel to Anchorage, Alaska again, we would like to make it up to you. If you do choose to stay with us again we will give you 10% off your total stay. Please reference this posting to receive the discount.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel to Anchorage quite often; therefore, I am always looking for an "above average" hotel at a "below average" cost! I have followed the reviews for Creekwood Inn for some time; and, to put it mildly, they were "spotty!" Since I was planning a three-week stay, I wanted to be sure of the quality. What I found is they are in the process of remodeling and my room was spectacular! However, the outside does not reflect the inside. The location is great! The personnel are super. And, I will be staying there my next trip to Anchorage!

Room Tip: Since they are in the process of remodeling, there is a great deal of difference between the remodel...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Donald G
Creekwood_Manager, Night Supervisor at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Hello Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I upgraded to a suite at Creekwood and it clearly had been recently redone. Nice use of space and great kitchen! I could have used this as home base for a long term stay. Hotel staff I found to be incredibly personable and friendly. They treated me like family. It has a very homey feeling. It is located near a scenic creek with walking trail although the snow prevented me from touring too much. The exterior might lead you away but my suite was great!
Overall, the value of the room for the price I paid was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mauiyogini

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have done some upgrades since your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Because of a bad review written here I almost missed out on staying at on of the best values I found in Anchorage. Great location, and very clean and friendly personnel. I highly recommend this motel. It is really next to a lovely creek which is a tail for hiking and biking and one can hike to the bay.

Room Tip: The room with the palm trees was cute.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Rochelle A
Susan S, Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and sorry it has taken me so long to respond I finally got signed up for TripAdvisor and I am able to respond. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need a place in Anchorage and let the desk staff know that you receive a 20% discount on your future stays as a VIP returning customer. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sue, General Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2010

We travelled from Iowa to Anchorage in May of 2010. The Creekwood was the worst place we had the unfortunate occasion to stay in overnight. Had we not arrived in Anchorage so late in the evening, I would have kept looking for a nicer place. Showers and washroom was so neglected they were unusable, in my opinion. Camper units in lots next to us looked as though they had been in place for 4 or 5 months or more and at least one seemed to be held together mostly with duct tape. The entire grounds was unkempt at the best. Will not stay here again, even if we have to sleep in Walmart parking lot.....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BerdooZeke

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are sorry to read that your experience with us was not a happy one. We have done many upgrades since your stay. We have also changed our RV Park to seasonal (summertime) instead of being open all year round. We have also done landscaping and hired a lawn maintenance crew to do the upkeep of our lawns. In short we have come a long way since your stay with us. We hope that you will stop by and check us out.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

This place was in a great location, but that's where it ends. The rooms are dirty and the staff is not congenial. Lack of parking forced us to park on the street which was really inconvenient. Didn't get our requested wake up call. Not a great first impression of Alaska.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heizzoli

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are sorry to read that your stay was not a pleasant one. We have hired new housekeepers since your visit and new staff members as well. If you read our current reviews, you can see how far we have come since your visit. Although your stay with us was not a pleasant one, we hope that your overall Alaskan adventure went well.

Have a great morning!