“A PLEASANT SURPRISE!”
Review of Creekwood Inn

Creekwood Inn
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel to Anchorage quite often; therefore, I am always looking for an "above average" hotel at a "below average" cost! I have followed the reviews for Creekwood Inn for some time; and, to put it mildly, they were "spotty!" Since I was planning a three-week stay, I wanted to be sure of the quality. What I found is they are in the process of remodeling and my room was spectacular! However, the outside does not reflect the inside. The location is great! The personnel are super. And, I will be staying there my next trip to Anchorage!

Room Tip: Since they are in the process of remodeling, there is a great deal of difference between the remodel...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Donald G
Creekwood_Manager, Night Supervisor at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Hello Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Creekwood Inn

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I upgraded to a suite at Creekwood and it clearly had been recently redone. Nice use of space and great kitchen! I could have used this as home base for a long term stay. Hotel staff I found to be incredibly personable and friendly. They treated me like family. It has a very homey feeling. It is located near a scenic creek with walking trail although the snow prevented me from touring too much. The exterior might lead you away but my suite was great!
Overall, the value of the room for the price I paid was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mauiyogini

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have done some upgrades since your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Because of a bad review written here I almost missed out on staying at on of the best values I found in Anchorage. Great location, and very clean and friendly personnel. I highly recommend this motel. It is really next to a lovely creek which is a tail for hiking and biking and one can hike to the bay.

Room Tip: The room with the palm trees was cute.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Rochelle A
Susan S, Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and sorry it has taken me so long to respond I finally got signed up for TripAdvisor and I am able to respond. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need a place in Anchorage and let the desk staff know that you receive a 20% discount on your future stays as a VIP returning customer. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sue, General Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2010

We travelled from Iowa to Anchorage in May of 2010. The Creekwood was the worst place we had the unfortunate occasion to stay in overnight. Had we not arrived in Anchorage so late in the evening, I would have kept looking for a nicer place. Showers and washroom was so neglected they were unusable, in my opinion. Camper units in lots next to us looked as though they had been in place for 4 or 5 months or more and at least one seemed to be held together mostly with duct tape. The entire grounds was unkempt at the best. Will not stay here again, even if we have to sleep in Walmart parking lot.....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BerdooZeke

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are sorry to read that your experience with us was not a happy one. We have done many upgrades since your stay. We have also changed our RV Park to seasonal (summertime) instead of being open all year round. We have also done landscaping and hired a lawn maintenance crew to do the upkeep of our lawns. In short we have come a long way since your stay with us. We hope that you will stop by and check us out.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

This place was in a great location, but that's where it ends. The rooms are dirty and the staff is not congenial. Lack of parking forced us to park on the street which was really inconvenient. Didn't get our requested wake up call. Not a great first impression of Alaska.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heizzoli

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We are sorry to read that your stay was not a pleasant one. We have hired new housekeepers since your visit and new staff members as well. If you read our current reviews, you can see how far we have come since your visit. Although your stay with us was not a pleasant one, we hope that your overall Alaskan adventure went well.

Have a great morning!

Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel was in a pretty good location, on the south side of town right on the Seward Highway. Our room was cute, like an efficiency apartment. Unfortunately, it was a "pet" room and the cleaning staff wasn't very thorough. We got cleaning stuff and cleaned the room ourselves the day we arrived. There was black animal hair everywhere, including on/in the beds. That is really a turnoff if you aren't used to having indoor pets. The room also had a peculiar odor.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Mobrownies

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your past stay at Creekwood Inn Motel & RV Park. We have changed quite a bit since your visit in 2008. We no longer accept pets in the rooms due to odor and hair that is left behind. The only part of the property that is pet friendly is the RV Park. We have also remodeled many of the rooms and replaced the carpets with laminate flooring. We have come a long way since your visit back in 2008. We encourage you to stop by and check us out.

Reviewed July 29, 2006

The Creekwood Inn is a decent place for the price. You could probably find a better value, but it would take some work.

The motel is pretty old so don't expect a "new" look. The laundry facilities are not well maintained which is my biggest complaint. Otherwise, the Creekwood Inn was one of the cheaper places in Anchorage. It's acceptable for the price, but don't expect much more.

• Stayed: June 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CO_World_Traveller

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have done various upgrades since your stay back in 2006. The laundry facilities have been upgraded, room remodels were done in 2013, and landscaping was done in 2014. We that you can stop by to see our progress.

Have a great morning!