GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage
Econo Inn(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
Historic Anchorage Hotel(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe mexican restaurantfree shuttlewalking distancegladly stay here againguest houseroom was cleancoffee machinedowntown hotelplace to staycable tvfew blocksclose to downtowntrain depotfree breakfastnice stayan older hotelshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My friend and I had arrived to Anchorage in the beginning of this month with nowhere to stay (long story!) and every place we called was either fully booked or too expensive. This was the only place that gave us a decent price. A shuttle bus picked us up from the airport after about an hour and a half of us waiting around, but we didn't care at the time as we really just needed to crash somewhere for 2 nights.

When we arrived at the Inn, we were greeted by super friendly staff and our bags were taken up to our room, which ended up being right next to the elevator and right across the vending machine. The room was quite spacious and the beds were okay. However, having said that, I can't imagine that this would be comfortable for more than 2-3 days. During the night, we could hear everything going on in the hallway, next door and in the parking lot, so we couldn't get that much sleep. At some point, someone pounded on our door at 3 am and scared us half to death. In the morning, we could hear everything the cleaning crew was up to in the other rooms as if it was happening in ours. I was a bit worried about us leaving our valuables in the room when we wanted to walk around the city that same day, so I padlocked everything and avoided using the safe. (I can be paranoid sometimes).

Breakfast was at a restaurant a few steps outside the Inn. We paid for it but got a 10% discount. The food was pretty good (yummy pancakes!). Other than that, what really stood out for us in this Inn was the great staff and their overall friendliness and the good location. I think this place is good for shorter stays (2-3 days). I don't think it would be too comfortable after that.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miki C
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Anchorage!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

First of all, let me say there was one helpful staff member who gave me directions to the hotel and that was nice. The location is good, the room is reasonably clean, and the restaurant is great with good service. However, I was in an upstairs room with no elevator. AND a small toddler. The steps were no small obstacle. Every time I got upstairs, my room key was demagnetized. I had to take said toddler and bags down the stairs to the desk and get the key remagnetized. I followed their directions and kept key away from phone, electronics but it still happened AT LEAST once a day. Unacceptable. They were very unapologetic. Also, the bed was uncomfortable. Bad pillows, bedding, and mattress. The TV remote would not work. The other guests were loud and had kids running around and jumping at all hours. Dogs barking, horns honking, very urban experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you have elevator access.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Arkalaskan
Tammy W, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. I will share your feedback with the team so we can work to improve to ensure our guests have a great stay.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were glad to have a refrigerator and the room was plenty large, but the bed was not comfortable at all.
The maid service needed to be upgraded to the making of the bed and the cleaning of the
coffee pot.
The floor felt like it needed to have the carpet cleaned and the elevator scared me at it sounded like someone hand turning a big wheel on a cable to lift it. Not kidding.
But all in all, it was a fair place to stay. The maintance man fixed the valve in the tub very quickly and that was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan V

On behalf of the entire team at GuestHouse Anchorage Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your recent stay. I have addressed these issues with our team and I assure you we are working diligently to correct these problems. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed here three separate occasions. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Hotel is pet friendly. Very clean. Parking is provided in locations surrounding the motel. Breakfast is included across the street at a local restaurant. Walking distance of tourist attractions, Visitor Center. Hired time I had a room on the lye and it was a little noisy.

Room Tip: Not the alley, main building with elevator access.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brenda H

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay with us! I'm glad you had a good experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Guesthouse is a former Days Inn. It's a convenient location, and has great shuttle to train and airport. We stayed in the tower, and we had an elevator. I did ask for a room that had not had dogs, because I am allergic. Great service. They call to make sure room is OK, they store luggage, even for 3 days while we went on excursion, and followed up on every request. Not 5 star, but they try hard and it is convenient. Bedding is pretty good. They just need to lose the old bedspreads which give it an aged look.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the tower with an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csloat

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in Anchorage.