“My stay in Anchorage.”

Best Western Golden Lion Hotel
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I spent about 30 nights there - it was all good. Personnel were properly attentive and helpful. The elevator was a little slow and the shower water pressure was a little low. But everything else was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa M, General Manager at Best Western Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We appreciate you staying with us while in Anchorage.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is really well located and easy to find (not too central and central enough to be surrounded by shops and restaurants. The housekeeping staff is really friendly, but don't expect a great service from the front desk clerks. Overall I still had a great stay because a great time in Anchorage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank Sandrine/ Audre... D
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had to rush up to Anchorage for a family emergency and ended up staying at the GL. They were updating the halls & common areas when I was there early December, but when I opened the door to my room was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, nicely updated and worked great for me. The shower had the best water pressure I think I've ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

On the day that I checked out of the hotel, later that evening while having diner with my wife I got a phone call from Sheila head of house keeping that I had forgotten my laptop in the room that I had stayed in. She said she would lock it a safe place for me till I could retrieve it. Great staff, clean rooms. 10 out of 10

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The price that I paid was worth the room that I got. It was clean, had good internet access and a nice climate control option with the heating unit. My only issue was that it didn't have a shuttle. And when you are traveling to Anchorage on medical or errand running trips, transportation options make it a better stay. But if you have a rental car or your own vehicle the hotel is a good and clean option.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This Anchorage, AK Best Western is an excellent place to stay. I arrived late at night but still had a brief check-in experience. During my stay, I've enjoyed the meals I've had in the hotel. The room is clean and well maintained. My only 'complaint' is that the water pressure is just a little bit low. But, all things considered, my stay has been an excellent one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good place to stay, restraunt in the same building, quiet and peaceful at night...Polite staff....Traveling for medical, so this place in centrally located to all the hospitals. They have a quaint menu in the restraunt, could add a little more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Travelers also viewed these Anchorage hotels
My Place Hotel - Anchorage, AK
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Anchorage / Midtown
Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown

Been to Best Western Golden Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Golden Lion Hotel

Address: 1000 E 36th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99508-4304
Location: United States > Alaska > Anchorage
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#4 Green Hotel in Anchorage
#13 Business Hotel in Anchorage
Price Range: $97 - $179 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Golden Lion Hotel 2.5*
Welcome to the Best Western Golden Lion Hotel located only 5 miles from the Anchorage Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Golden Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Anchorage