“Pleasant stay at the Ramada!”
Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Six Lakes, Michigan
“Pleasant stay at the Ramada!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My favorite place to stay when I come to town! Clean,cozy rooms and helpful, pleasant staff! The Slippery salmon restaurant is also nice with a cheery atmosphere! Will definitely recommend to friends and family!!

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff is friendly, helpful A special shout out to Angela, Wayne and Troy. The lobby is nicely done and nice native art work throughout the hotel. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bothell, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was in Anchorage for business and needed a place to sleep and shower. The price looked good and they had free parking, unlike other downtown hotels. The hotel is dated and could use a face lift however I wanted that I would have paid more and stayed some place else. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean and, the showers had hot water. The room did have a desk and free WiFi but I would not have wanted to do too much work here as it was not the most comfy chair and it was a smaller desk. There was a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and, 1990s TV. Everything worked and for the time I spent in the room it was worth the lower room rate. The Slipper Salmon is the restaurant attached to the hotel. I ate breakfast there several times and had lunch once. Food was good and serve quick. You can get a $3 off coupon each day from the front desk to use for your breakfast.
The hotel is close to downtown so I went elsewhere for dinner each night but you could eat and drink at the SS if you wanted to.
Some of the rooms come with a balcony so you can sit outside and watch traffic go by on 3rd st.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Ramada Inn in Anchorage was a great place to stay. The people at the front desk were all nice and friendly. My car battery died while parked there and someone that worked there fixed it and also brushed all the snow off my car. The lobby was clean and attractive. Our room was clean and had a little fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable. Even though the Fur Rondy was going on and lots of people were there, we didn't hear any noise that kept us from sleeping. We will gladly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RamadaAnchorageGM, General Manager at Ramada Anchorage, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It pleases me to know that our staff at the Ramada stepped up to help you with your car problems during your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Anchorage. Again, thank you for your review.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Anchorage, Alaska and must say it was a very good experience. The staff was very helpful and generous in helping me out with what to look for in Anchorage, as this was my first time in town. The restaurant was a plus as well. The Slippery Salmon was very nice and inviting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am please to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Ramada Anchorage and enjoyed our restaurant. I will share with our staff of your great stay. Again, thank you management.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2014

OMG! Who ever said this place is great is blind and never traveled. The rooms are disgusting and have not been upgraded for 25 years. I had to change rooms 3x's to get a working TV, my toliet ran, sink dripped and barely any water pressure.. The advertisement said breakfast buffet instead I received a $3.00 voucher for an overpriced breakfast with a cook who did not wear gloves or head covering. The front desk staff was watching movies on their computers and to involved to help or empathize with guest. The restaurant connected is gross. Save your money and spend a bit more. If you priceline properties you can do better in Anchorage

Room Tip: My tip for a good room is never ever stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Melissa B
RamadaAnchorageGM, General Manager at Ramada Anchorage, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us feedback! We are working on several property upgrades before this summer. I'm surprised at the water pressure issue, we have never had this complaint before but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Since we have upgraded to a full service hotel with a restaurant that provides hot cooked breakfasts to order, we nolonger offer the free continental breakfast. Again, thank you for taking the time to inform us of these issues.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels