“browns backers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
WARSAW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staff was helpful. Room was fair and needed updated. No trashcan liners. Breakfast was fine with plenty of selections.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank FEB195
San Bernardino, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was told the Hilton was the best place for us to stay, I found out there was no free WIFI, no free breakfast. My son had recently passed away and we were there for a funeral sevice. The staff was so very understanding, and helpful. They were a big help to me, and I spent a great deal of time in the lobby, they asked constantly if I needed anything. I don't require much, a shower and a place to lay my head. If I stayed at one of the higher priced hotels, I seriously doubt I would've received any attention. The price was right, the WIFI on point, and a good hot meal in the morning, what more could you ask for? I will be going back to Anchorage soon and I will be staying where I was made to feel like part of a family, I love the Ramada Anchorage Downtown!

Room Tip: If you open yourself up to meet the people, native and local, you will feel at home, just like I did...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LoreleiB102
LARGO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Room was very comfortable and clean. Excellent value for the money. The complimentary breakfast was very good, I especially enjoyed the Belgium waffle maker. Hotel staff is upbeat and friendly. The adjoining restaurant was fast and the fish and chips and burgers hit the spot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Overall, we were happy with our 2 night stay at Ramada Downtown. Our second floor room was nice and clean, with good coffee-making facilities, a safe, microwave, ironing, a nice selection of TV channels and free bathroom amenities. There's also a mini-mart of sorts and a laundry facility, which we did not make use of. The included breakfast was good, with choices from cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, fruits, coffee, juices, and probably the tastiest of all, self-made waffles from the waffle machine. There was some traffic noise that could be heard in our room at night, but nothing too loud or prolonged. The complimentary shuttle to the train depot, which we organized with them the night before, was really handy.

Now to some minor niggles... the air cond. hanging on the wall by the bed is quite loud in operation, and also dripped some water onto one of our luggage overnight. The shower was slightly dodgy, with the water going a bit cold before going back to being warm again several times. The airport shuttle is a good inclusion, but we missed it because we didn't realize we have to wave it down ourselves as it cruises past the shuttle bus stops... it was a white van, with the Ramada Hotel label nowhere on the front of the vehicle, but on the side door, so by the time you see the van and identify it by its mid-sized label, it's already gone past. Luckily, I dashed back into the airport and called the hotel again and they were able to get the driver to loop back and get us, so we didn't have to wait another half hour or so for the next run. Lastly, the location is pretty good, but it does feel like a longer walk than expected (at least 15 mins) to get into the town center.

So overall, it was a nice stay with good free inclusions like the breakfast, airport shuttle and train shuttle. However, this accommodation was one of our pricier ones in N. America (on par with our Banff, Canada accommodation which is a very touristy area- unlike Anchorage, it seems), so I feel that the nice amenities have been priced in already.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family