“Lovely staff”

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“Lovely staff”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I agree with some of the other comments that the hotel s a little outdated and could do with a bit if a spruce up, but I have to say that it was very clean, very comfortable, good value fir money, great shuttle service and the staff were just brilliant. Not much to complain about t all. I guess it beats paying over the top prices at an up market hotel with poor service and rude staff....I had that one plenty if times.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Got in at 1:00 from the airport and the free shuttle service was great (was the main reason we booked this hotel). Room was a little small, but fine for us. Bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very good (hot waffles was a nice add). Staff was friendly. Absolutely no complaints - good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here over New Year's Eve. The hotel was not in the center of downtown, but it was within walking distance of the downtown attractions. We were able to walk to/from the bars even in the winter.

Our trip was pretty terrible (our car broke down, had to get a $400 tow, was given a rental car with a leaking tire), but staying at the hotel was the best part. The people at the front desk were so nice. At check-out, they were handing out little boxes of chocolate to everyone.

The internet wasn't great. At times it was normal wi-fi speed, but then it would slow down when a lot of people were using it. The hotel did provide a computer in the lobby to use, though. The rooms were kinda small, but they were clean. Nothing extremely special, just a normal hotel room. The restaurant next door was good. It was definitely very convenient to have in the winter.

I ended up leaving a few items at the hotel after check-out. I called the next day-they still had them-and mailed them to me free of charge. They even included MORE chocolate. I was so pleased with their service. We will definitely be staying here again during our next trip to Anchorage.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank plutoisaplanet3
Oakland Co., MI
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place is bad, folks. Terrible neighborhood with homeless people walking around and screaming at night. One night during our stay, the Anchorage Police showed up at the hotel. I felt like we were on an episode of Alaska State Troopers. The room was on the dirty side. The staff was friendly - on the plus side. Spend an extra $30 bucks per night and stay at a nicer place. You might be tempted to stay here because its the cheapest in central Anchorage, but seriously the airport / Spendard area of Anchorage is nicer with better hotels at comparable rates. Downtown Anchorage is not a reason to stay at this dive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gcr75
RamadaAnchorageGM, General Manager at Ramada Anchorage, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I'm sorry that your stay at the Ramada Anchorage Downtown did not meet your expectations. We care for our guests safety and if we have a difficult guest, which is very rare, we will call the Anchorge Police Department. Again, I apologize for the unpleasant experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Ramada downtown is top notch in terms of location, service, breakfast, cleanliness and convenience for the amount that you pay for a room. They offer airport and railroad shuttle. Their front desk personnel are friendly, accommodating and welcoming. This is really important because you will always see them whenever you get back to your room.
I was very impressed when I saw them handle an unfavorable situation with a customer with grace and professionalism. I believed they upgraded me to a King bedroom as well, even though I paid for the Queen bedroom rate. They didn't even tell me about it though, I only realized it when I got back to Seattle and I reviewed my reservation on the Wyndham rewards website.

I heard from Ben, my tour guide from Alaska's Finest Tours and Cruises also told me that the owner of the property, Susan is a really nice person. Her husband, who's apparently a contracter, renovated the whole ramada property. The room was clean, with a mini fridge, safe and even a microwave oven which is really useful when you want to heat up leftovers.
One thing I am particular about when I choose hotels is that the showers are hot, which is even more important in a place like Alaska. Ramada's hot water was simply great and it made my showers much more enjoyable.

Their airport shuttle is great, they were prompt in picking and dropping us off. The location of Ramada was great, we could walk to all the great food places, souvenir shops like Polar Bear Gifts, and the 5th Avenue Mall.

Breakfast was great! I woke up every morning looking forward to breakfast. They have this machine that allows you to make your own waffles, something I've never done before. I piled mine up with whipped cream and strawberry sauce which made it so good! There are bagels, muffins, scones, boiled eggs, cereals, milk, yoghurt etc. They even had this sausage gravy that were really well with the scones and the eggs.

Thanks Ramada for being one of the main reasons why my trip to Alaska was so amazing. I really hope I can afford to visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachelgong
MANNHEIM
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed there for 11 nights and was satisified overall. The location really is downtown, and very convenient. The reliable shuttle service to airport and railroad (and if necessary also to other destinations) is a real plus for the Ramada. The place is old and a little worn, but breakfast is good, the service in the breakfast area is impeccable as is room-service and cleanlinesss of the rooms. The price was just incredibly good (in contrast the rack-rate is incredibly high).
On location is the Slippery Salmon where you can get food and drinks until late evening.
Overall I can recommend the place, if you are not into fancy rooms.

Room Tip: Take a room away from 3rd Avenue