“Great Bargain”
Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #40 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here a few days in Dec. It's clean, has all the regular stuff like microwave, refrigerator, and coofee pot, continental breakfast. They have a new restaurant/bar attached to the hotel that has fresh, quality food not the typical frozen deep fried menu. The whole staff is friendly & helpful. They opened a new area at the front desk that has a few essentials like water, soda, snacks, travel kits, etc... and you can't beat the price. Great Bargain!

Room Tip: I don't smoke but if you do ask for a room with a balcony or outside entrance.
2  Thank Jack G

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Nothing spectacular. But more than sufficient for a place for a few days stay before taking a cruise. Convenient location to walk 1-2 blocks to downtown area & train station.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The airport shuttle driver a 'Scotsman' was very helpful and informative; the staff were all good. The room was ok, nothing flash but somewhere comfy to sleep. I think I would come back

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at Ramada in Downtown Anchorage as HOJO downtown was closed or booked. Stay was only for 8 hours but staff was friendly and room was clean and bed satisfactory. Had free breakfast but suggest they get rid of gravy with sausage and put in scrambled eggs with reindeer sausage. Location was perfect. Price was very reasonable. Shuttle got me at 1 a.m. Will stay here in future.

Room Tip: get room on third floor.
2  Thank MichaelS290
Reviewed November 27, 2011

When we arrived at the airport, we contacted Ramada to request their shuttle service. We were told to wait outside and they would be right there. We waited about 40 minutes before I decided to call again. This time I was told the shuttle was not in service. I asked how we were supposed to get to the hotel. I was told to take a taxi and Ramada would reimburse us. When we arrived, I told the clerk that it would have been nice to be told from the beginning that the shuttle was not in service. I said when I called nobody said anything about it not working. His reply was that I did not call! I said yes I did. And he said no you didn't. ( I am not kidding!) So I asked how we got reimbursed for the taxi. He looks out and said oh you took a yellow taxi, I told you to take the orange one! I said I don't care what color it is I want reimbursed. He just shakes his head and said I told you the orange one. I just stood there and waited and finally he grabs some money and handed it to me!! He should not be working in customer service and the first thing out of his mouth should have been I'm sorry about the mix-up!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I live in Fairbanks and decided to treat myself to a birthday weekend in Anchorage for shopping. I booked Ramada because of the amenities, (shuttle service, continental breakfast, close to downtown). When I called for shuttle, was advised shuttle not available at this time, to catch a cab and they would pay for it, which they did, no questions asked. I arrived and was met by Angela, who made my whole trip. She was very friendly and when she found out it was my birthday, she upgraded my room. I had a view of the inlet, which was beautiful at night. I am planning another trip in November and will definitely be staying at the Ramada. Perfect location to downtown, continental breakfast was awesome, hotel staff was very professional, friendly and accomodating. I will be staying at the Ramada whenever I go to Anchorage. Thank you, Angela.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. Our check in, after being met at the airport by a nice chatty shuttle driver was amazingly poor. The girl at the desk obviously didnt want to be there, told us nothing about inclusions (internet, breakfast etc). We booked because of the location & price & the comfort of knowing what you get with the larger chain hotels but Im sure management have no idea about this girl at the front desk because her attitude was just plain rude. We only saw her that once so maybe she is kept away from the public for obvious reasons but I will never stay in a Ramada hotel again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parkoSydney
RamadaAnchorageGM, General Manager at Ramada Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear ParkoSydney,

You are correct that I didn't know you had this very poor experience with one of my front desk staff. I sincerely apologize for her unprofessional behavior which was completely unacceptable. One rude worker will give the property, staff and the Ramada flag a bad name. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and I hope you will give the Ramada Hotels a second chance because I know that most of the Ramada Hotel's staff are good workers.

Susan