Susitna Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$149
$125
Hotels.com
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$89
$250
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$99
BestWestern.com
$59
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
$165
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$109
All reviewscook inletliving roomb bclear daysprivate patiodowntown anchoragereindeer sausageshared bathday bedone nightcomfortable love seatdepart earlythe breakfast buffet was greatquiet residential streetrooms are extremelybed and breakfastlovely home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2008

My family and I stayed our first night in Susitna Place in the suite downstairs. It was an attractive room with a great deck and beautiful view of Cook's Inlet. However, if you end up having to sleep on the sleeper in the sitting room, it is quite uncomfortable. The king bed in the bedroom looked fine, but the sleeper needs to be replaced. It was hard to get on and off of it without practically falling through a gaping crack in the frame. The beds in the Redoubt room (where we stayed the second night) could have used more coils or something, because all night I felt like I was falling off my side of the bed towards my husband's side (since he is heavier and made more of a dent in the bed). Other than the beds, the B&B is very conveniently located, and does boast a very beautiful view from some of the rooms and the common areas. The furnishings are tasteful and the place felt quite clean (except for a vague odor of vomit in the entranceway and part of downstairs).

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank conniehc
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I live in Anchorage and when my sister made plans to visit me, she gave me a list of several B&Bs to check out for her. Susitna Place was last on my list and I really should have made it my first stop, because I wouldn't have needed to go anywhere else. They stayed in the Denali Suite and the private balcony and views from the room were amazing! The rooms are *extremely* clean- a requirement for my sister and that included me testing for dust in odd places and finding none. The rooms were much nicer than the other B&Bs near downtown that I checked out and the location is ideal- in one of the nicest neighborhoods in town and only a few blocks from downtown. The common area is extremely nice as well and one of the owners met us on the front porch even thought it was nearly midnight when we got in. Highly recommend it for anyone staying in Anchorage.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alaskantiger
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed there at the end of May and was impressed by the friendliness and available information about things to do in Anchorage by the host Linda and her husband. The view of the Cook Inlet was great. I stayed in the Wrangell room and was without a view but I did not care since I only slept in the room. Her husband even waited up for me as my flight did not come in until 12:30 AM.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank chrisinirvine
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We stayed at Susitna Place to watch the ceremonial start of the Iditarod in Anchorage. Our room (Denali Suite) had a beautiful view of Cook Inlet and one morning we could actually see Mt. McKinley! The location is EXCELLENT--we could walk to just about everything downtown. Our hostess (Linda) very generously helped us to plan our activites during the day and gave us great directions to the local venues. We got her great advice over breakfast in front of huge bay windows overlooking the inlet and the mountains in the distance. For the price, we certainly feel like we got an enormous value. We highly recommend it for those visiting Anchorage who would like more of a personal touch.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicagosuz05
Reviewed November 14, 2007

After reviewing many websites and reviews chose this B&B to spend the first night of our trip in Alaska and didn't regret it. Location is pretty good (walking distance to Anchorage city center) and room was clean and comfortable (not huge, but that was fine for us as we were only staying one night). View from the terrace was amazing and breakfast very good with lots of choice and an opportunity to meet some fellow guests who were coming to the end of their Alaska trip and ask them for tips and suggestions. Enjoy your trip to Alaska

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple