“Susitna bliss”
Review of Susitna Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Susitna Place
Ranked #6 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Best B&B we have stayed at. Great location, amazing host, facilities and views spectacular. Highly recommend.
Really comfy stay and reasonably priced. Would definitely stay here next time.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Futerdude

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at Susitna Place our first night in Anchorage. It was conveniently located and fairly close to places of interest (although a car is still necessary). The location was clean, quiet, and comfortable. And the view from the balcony was pretty nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joshua Q
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Lovely Hosts, amazing view, clean and comfortable rooms, tasty breakfasts....
Stayed here for 4 nights as a fellow northerner, heading north for a break.
Close to walking trails, the downtown (easily walked to and from), and within a short drive to many other shopping spots. We enjoyed our Easter holiday so much as a result of the great night sleeps, and the comfy space we called home.
The Hosts were friendly and offered information about the area, the internet was reliable, and there was great information provided in the room about the services in the surrounding area. As I had never been to Anchorage before, it all contributed to our great stay.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this b&b, and my 15 yo son really enjoyed the stay and breakfasts here as well. Breakfasts were as described in other posts, homemade granola, fresh fruits, yogurt, breads, spreads, cheese, cereals, and a hot dish. Coffee, tea, milk and juice were also made available.
We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 867Susan
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I spent one night at this property. My room on the first floor was clean and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious and filling. The property is gorgeous and well-maintained, and the views through the windows in the main room are spectacular. I found both Linda and David to be friendly, if not particularly hospitable. At times, I felt a bit like an intruder, despite the fact that the inn was full. That discomfort led me to choose to stay elsewhere when I returned to town.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank truemind
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Linda and David are delightful hosts, and Linda gave good information, suggestions and direction. We felt very welcome from the time we stepped in the door. Our room was the Katmai room, same level as the lounge/dining/balcony and very convenient and comfortable. Very comfy beds which meant for good nights' sleep.

The breakfast was substantial and superb! Fresh coffee, choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, yoghurt, pastries and cake, fresh and dried fruit and nuts, reindeer sausage, special bread (different each day) for toast, spreads...have I forgotten anything?

The view over Cook Inlet mesmerizes. I could sit and relax and look out on it for hours and had to tear myself away. The lounge and balcony are great places to relax, if not going out for the day. I found the lounge was great to read a book late at night in comfort, without disturbing anyone or my sleeping hubby. The place is very clean and quiet and has special touches which made us feel welcome.

The beauty of a good B&B offers the opportunity to be fairly private or enjoy meeting other folk, sharing experiences, and even making new friends. Susitna Place is good for both. We enjoyed meeting other folk and making a new friendship.

It is in a very convenient location, close to good walks and to town, only minutes away. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Alaska (from Australia), and would recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Noella R
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great place to stay located near downtown Anchorage we were able to walk to resturants and shops our room had an awesome ocean view and a lovely view of the sleeping lady.
Our hostess was very wecoming, our room was quiet and clean! Love it!. our room was perfect. Can't wait until my next visit and I will bring friends.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Denali room very nice!