“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Susitna Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Susitna Place
Ranked #6 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I spent one night at this property. My room on the first floor was clean and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious and filling. The property is gorgeous and well-maintained, and the views through the windows in the main room are spectacular. I found both Linda and David to be friendly, if not particularly hospitable. At times, I felt a bit like an intruder, despite the fact that the inn was full. That discomfort led me to choose to stay elsewhere when I returned to town.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank truemind

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Linda and David are delightful hosts, and Linda gave good information, suggestions and direction. We felt very welcome from the time we stepped in the door. Our room was the Katmai room, same level as the lounge/dining/balcony and very convenient and comfortable. Very comfy beds which meant for good nights' sleep.

The breakfast was substantial and superb! Fresh coffee, choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, yoghurt, pastries and cake, fresh and dried fruit and nuts, reindeer sausage, special bread (different each day) for toast, spreads...have I forgotten anything?

The view over Cook Inlet mesmerizes. I could sit and relax and look out on it for hours and had to tear myself away. The lounge and balcony are great places to relax, if not going out for the day. I found the lounge was great to read a book late at night in comfort, without disturbing anyone or my sleeping hubby. The place is very clean and quiet and has special touches which made us feel welcome.

The beauty of a good B&B offers the opportunity to be fairly private or enjoy meeting other folk, sharing experiences, and even making new friends. Susitna Place is good for both. We enjoyed meeting other folk and making a new friendship.

It is in a very convenient location, close to good walks and to town, only minutes away. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Alaska (from Australia), and would recommend to our friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Noella R
Threerivers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great place to stay located near downtown Anchorage we were able to walk to resturants and shops our room had an awesome ocean view and a lovely view of the sleeping lady.
Our hostess was very wecoming, our room was quiet and clean! Love it!. our room was perfect. Can't wait until my next visit and I will bring friends.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Denali room very nice!
2 Thank riverwolf
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I recently stayed for 2 nights at Susitna Place - Linda was very welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The location was good - only a short walk to the centre of the town and with easy access to the Tony Knowles trail. My room was very clean, comfortable and private (I stayed in the Foraker room). The views from the common area over Cook Inlet were really beautiful and it was a lovely spot to sit and have breakfast each morning and chat to the other guests. I really enjoyed the breakfast - it was fresh and plentiful. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this B & B to anyone looking for a place to stay in Anchorage!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank RossTravel
Brsibane,Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights early Sept. It was convenient to downtown, very comfortable and quiet giving a great nights rest which we needed after arriving early from a cruise; close to bicycle rental and the Tony Knowles trail. The owner went out of her way to help guests and had a good list of suggested restaurants. Breakfasts were great, cereals, granola, pastries, huge muffins, toast, lovely jams, fruit and good coffee. Not to mention the wonderful view from the living/breakfast area and meeting interesting other guests at breakfast. The choc chip cookies were a great welcoming touch. And we could get on line, compliments of the laptop there to check our e-mails. All in all, well exceeded our expectations and made our stay in Anchorage an absolute pleasure.

2 Thank seeknfind
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Susitna Place in September 2011. The place was beautiful with nothing negative to mention in this review. The highlights were the beautiful views, the clean rooms, the thoughtful gestures of having extra bathroom supplies for us if needed, and a portable fan which was GREATLY appreciated.....They always had a basket of fruit by the front door and it was nice to grab to take with us for a snack.....Every detail was covered and I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling.

2 Thank redberry59
Bethlehem, PA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here one night at the end of our 2-week Alaskan adventure in the Denali Suite. The B&B is very clean, modern, and comfortable. The owners are both very nice people who went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. Breakfast in the morning was a nice assortment of pastries, cereal, fruit, and toast. The decks overlook the Cook Inlet, which (if the weather was better) allow for fabulous views. We did not have a car, so it was a bit of a walk into the downtown area – I would highly recommend using a cab, especially if it’s raining all day like it was when we were there. The owners were very helpful by calling one for us whenever we needed it, as well as giving us helpful directions and recommendations on where to go in Anchorage. The Denali Suite is one large room with a King Bed, Small Sleeper Sofa, Fireplace, Outside Deck, and private Bathroom. We had 3 adults in the room and I wouldn’t recommend trying to squeeze in a 4th. When we booked the room I asked which had a better view, the Denali or Susitna Suite, I was told the Denali but they are really the same. If I would go back I would reserved the Susitna Suite because it seemed much larger. Overall, a nice place to stay on our short stay in Anchorage!

Room Tip: Stay in the Susitna Suite!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family