The Hotel Captain Cook
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
$187
TripAdvisor
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
$199
$186
Hotwire.com
1,946 results
All reviewsthe crow's nestprincess cruisecaptain's deckwhale's tailathletic clubdowntown anchoragejunior suiteland tourcorner roomnice hoteltop floorluxury hotelsnow city caferestaurants and shopscruise linebit datedroom was spacious
Reviewed March 26, 2012

As a teenager growing up in Alaska I attended several social events in the Captain Cook ballrooms, but only many years later did I have a chance to actually spend the night there. It was fabulous! Great room with beautiful view, superb bed, and convenient location in the heart of downtown Anchorage, Alaska. I waited a long time, and I hope to not wait so long for the next time!

Room Tip: The two primary choice is between a view of the beautiful Chugach Mountains to the east and the Cook Inlet to the west. You can't go wrong with either choice!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank J S
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight in a Captains Deck room just to get away from it all, and let me say, the modest price to upgrade to the Captains Deck (about $15) was well worth it. Room had a beautiful view of Cook Inlet, was immaculately clean, and had a comfortable king size bed along with a nice chairs. Hotel staff was friendly, and a late afternoon snack at Fletcher's was delicious. Captain's Deck room includes a keyed elevator floor, and access to a lounge where they serve evening appetizers and continental breakfast, along with included water/non-alcoholic beverages. Definitely our favorite local place to stay when we need a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the West side of the hotel for water views. Mountain views out East side, but other buildings may be in the way.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkVM
Reviewed March 14, 2012

While visiting Anchorage on business numerous times over the past 35 years I've tried many hotels. Only the Hotel Captain Cook can claim the be Alaska's best. From the doorman to housekeeping, you find yourself surrounded by staff that continuously strives to make your stay pleasantly memorable. This is one well-run hotel. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Zeetheart
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was impressed with the service at the Captain Cook. Thank you, Brian for setting up my dental appointment when I needed it. I also loved the ambience and the great location in downtown Anchorage. The food at Fletcher's was wonderful. There are wonderful little shops down in the lobby. I went down and bought shoes for some retail therapy after my tooth extraction. We also had a nice view of the mountains from our room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We booked Captains Deck room and it was amazing. The evening appetizers and breakfast were delicious, and the views from the captains deck lounge were gorgeous!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple