“Gut Renching Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We wandered into this little hole in the wall cafe on the 23rd of July starving. We were greeted with a Good Morning and took our seats. The waitress brought us our menus and water and asked if we wanted coffee. After sitting there for almost 5 minutes (we were one of only three couples in the restaurant), the woman brought us our coffee. We placed our orders, took a drink of our coffee, and it was lukewarm. After flagging down another waiter, he brought us hot coffee. I happened to glance out the window while waiting for my food and noticed my waitress standing by the front door of the restaurant, SMOKING A CIGARETTE!!!! Gut renching! I no longer wanted to be served by her and prayed that someone else would bring out my food. But, that wasn't the case. I watched her walk back into the restaurant, and not even a minute later, came through the swinging door with mine and my husbands plates. Not near enough time to even wash her filthy hands, and now she absolutely reeked of cigarettes. What kinds of boss doesn't require their employees to smoked out of a customers view? Much less, what kind of server doesn't wash their hands afters smoking. Disgusting. I hardly touched my plate. And my husband complained that his food was cold...

2  Thank mo_mo1974

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Awesome eggs benedict! I had the smoked salmon benedict and my wife tried the joe's benedict. We wound up sharing them! Their hollandaise sauce is by far the best in town! We were surprised to read the previous negative reviews. Obviously they have some challenges with consistency. We are happy with our experience. We will be back.
Bruce and Holly

10  Thank bvizio
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I was so excited to try this place when I saw how many varieties of egg benedicts they offered. I ordered the Alaskan Joes and my husband the Alyeska. They were out of English muffins so our server said it would come on a bisquit instead, which I didnt mind until I ate it. The bisquit was dry and they forgot the spinach and caramelized onions on mine and the reindeer
sausage in my husbands entree. The hollandaise sauce was runny just like the previous person had
indicated in their review and the eggs were overcooked. And dont get me started on how bad the breakfast potatoes were!
As we were finishing up our meal new customers just walked in. Our experience was so bad that I wanted to tell them to run for their life. I wont b back.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We were hungry for a late Sunday breakfast and excited by the Sizzling Cafe's menu and friendly greeter. We ordered Crab Hollandaise and Bacon Hollandaise. After a long wait, we received our food covered by a watery-thin, milky Hollandaise, rather than the expected creamy sauce. The English muffin was soggy, and the side of potatoes skimpy.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

Unable to eat at F Street, I found this desolate slum of an eatery to be the worst breakfast dining experience of my eating career. Awkwared service, TERRIBLE food and high prices will ensure that I never make this mistake again. By the way, they do NOT have sauteed mushrooms, so don't even THINK about asking. ;)