“Quick Mexican Lunch”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Anchorage, Alaska
“Quick Mexican Lunch”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Heard the radio ads but had never eaten here, so a buddy took me in for lunch one day.

Place was busy, but the line moved quickly and the food was ready in a short amount of time.

Carne asada was delicious. Rice milk was surprisingly good! Prices were reasonable.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Taco King has great food and great service. I've been a customer for years. The staff has a very low turnover and they always remember what I like even when it's been months since my last visit.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lindsey V
Anchorage, Alaska
“Hole in the wall”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

There is nothing fancy about this place...it is a "hole in the wall" but it has good food at a reasonable price. There is a good selection of choices at the salsa bar and they offer some foods that other area "fast food" restaurants don't...like lengua, posole and menudo.

• Visited May 2013
Billings, Mt
“It's Scary That This is One of Anchorage's Best”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Average. That's it. No more no less.

I ordered a Carne Asada burrito. It was not the worst I'd ever had, but it was farrrr from the best.

I know it's Alaska, but at $26 for two people, we would have been better off finding a Taco Bell.

I lived in Phoenix for several years; now, that place had some good Mexican restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Stale chips, bad ambiance, bland food”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Taco King is a poor substitute for authentic mexican food, and anyone describing it as such probably has not been to a region of the US that offers good mexican food in their life. Before moving to Anchorage we lived in San Antonio, Texas so I am not afraid to boast that I have had some dang good (and authentic) mexican food. At Taco King the ambiance is unappealing, the food is bland and drowned in sauces/gravy and I have personally seen employees handling food with their bare hands. I was willing to give Taco King 2 chances... the first I thought might just be an "off" day for them so I visited again to give it one more go, but this time it was worse. The chips (which they charge $1.75 for) were VERY stale, in fact inedible, the enchiladas were bland with far too much sauce and had some weird fatty pieces of chicken in them, all in all not appetizing. I hate spending $10 on lunch and going away hungry!

• Visited April 2013