“Pacific fusion”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 897 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: E St.
Transit: We are three blocks from the Anchorage Downtown Transit Center stop, and 1 block from another Egan Center bus stop.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Simply delicious meal. Well prepared. Good depth of flavor. One of the most satisfying meals I have had in a long time.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and it was fabulous. Great service with amazing food. Really enjoyed our experience and thoroughlt recommend.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I ate here on my own when I was waiting for family to join me in Anchorage. The service was excellent. The banana and lemongrass soup with crab was a great way to start and the tuna with coffee rub, coconut and cashew rice and green beans was amazing and one of the best meals I have had. Finished with the blueberry egg rolls, and although delicious were very filling and maybe didn't go well with the rest of the meal.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I ate here twice, at the start of my Alaska trip and at the very end because I knew it would be good. I had the vegan curry the first time and loved it, with an awesome soup of the day (I forget what it was though) and on the last night I had the tofu and mushroom and it was just divine. Lovely staff, very helpful and friendly. Great place, I will definitely eat here again next time I visit Anchorage.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Anchorage does not, thus far, give the impression of being a gastronomic pinnacle. Looks kind of bleak, in fact, although we dined well at the Brewpub last night and exceptionally at Ginger tonight. Behind Ginger there is one heck of a good chef. Thai food, like any peasant cuisine, is one that anybody can do adequately, and since that's enough for most of us few make the effort to do it well. Ginger is the exception. This is beautifully designed and thought out food. We began with a tuna sashimi tower made of excellent fish and garnished with just enough accents to make it spectacular. I happen to have a phobia for tofu but was persuaded by my favorite (read: only) traveling companion to order the sautéed tofu on a bed of quinoa. Wow. Might even force me to reconsider tofu. We went on to share the pork ribs, which I thought were incredibly, hedonistically wonderful and said companion thought were too sweet, and the me krob, which was a masterpiece of distinct and yet perfectly matched flavors (watch their house hot sauce -- it is a killer). They had an excellent offering of eight beers on tap and many in bottles and a wine list which was sophisticated without resorting to the prestige labels no one buys. In short, a superbly designed menu and great execution that would stand up well in any city I've been in.