“A new favorite”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 895 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: E St.
Transit: We are three blocks from the Anchorage Downtown Transit Center stop, and 1 block from another Egan Center bus stop.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the knowledge of the waiter about the gluten-free items, and they have a gluten-free menu. I had the strawberry chili salad and it was incredible, had the best spring rolls I've ever had and the beef curry was amazing. The Ingredients were so fresh it made for a great experience overall. I had black coffee with the dessert and I've had better black coffee, but I wouldn't judge my meal on that. They had 3 gluten-free desserts, I tried two and was again pleasantly surprised. My husband had the lamb and enjoyed it very much. I didn't get to try any cocktails this time (pregnant). We will be returning for sure!!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Having a been to Ginger a couple times now I felt I could give a solid review now of their food and service.

Each time I've visited has been for a special occasion of either a birthday or New Years dinner. For the most part I come out walking fairly disappointed for the cost and atmosphere they try and go for.

The most recent problem I've had was during New Years Eve and the complete disorganization going on. We made table reservations in advance for a party of 10+ on new years eve during their late evening hours. Upon arriving we were not seated until at least 45 minutes AFTER our reservation had been made. The bigger problem was it completely cut into our time/intentions of going out to the local clubs afterwards, so much in fact that we were racing just to make it before the midnight bell. It frustrated many of us and was completely unacceptable. Customer service did nothing to remedy the matter, no free or half off apps/drinks... nothing.

Waiters seem unprepared to handle large parties, skipping many of those that had joined with us that night.This wasn't even a one time ordeal it was a continuous problem throughout the evening each time.

At the end of the evening because of the seating delay we were rushing to get our checks and which of course was split amongst the group. There were some errors and many of our guests were frustrated at that point, however the waitress felt the need to actually give an attitude back. I'm sorry but this is a higher end restaurant, they know they are to be expected of higher standards, you do not give your customers a return attitude on things your establishment screwed up on.

In short it wasn't the worst of service but it definitely needs improvement. Keep your parties small.

Food overall is pretty good as well as the drinks. I think some of their portions are a bit small for the price you pay and the dish's flavor doesn't wow you enjoy to justify that. I do recommend their steak as it was in fact quite food but I do not recommend their halibut. It was the smallest portion I have ever seen at any restaurant here in Anchorage (at that scale). Simons made their halibut look like an appetizer and for the same price.

The overall restaurant has a great look and good dim lighting for that more romantic feel. Seating in some areas isn't the greatest though as you're usually getting bumped by traffic or just awkwardly next to another customer.

In general the place could still use some improvement but the food is still good.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was amazing!! Very nice atmosphere - for dinner with friends or a date, it is the perfect place in the heart of downtown! Thank you for the great service!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Clean look - with some great raps. If you like a bit of heat the habanero sauce is with it. The food is presented as well as any similar restaurant in the world.
The price is high, but this is with every place in Alaska
I highly recommend this

1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is such a unique place and we are trying to work our way through the menu. If offers such a variety of tastes and haven't been disappointed yet. Their desserts are yummy with their own made ice cream.