Arctic Adventure Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sockeye Inn(Anchorage)
View Hotel
All reviewscommunity kitchenclean bedbasic roomwalmarttvalaska
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2013

It is what it is. If you're looking for a place to sleep & take a shower. It's good. Tiffany is super nice. I didn't take advantage of the kitchen area, but it looked well stocked and clean. I would stay here again. There is ample parking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CrTrus
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in Arctic Adventure Hostel three times during our Alaska roundtrip: When we arrive, in the middle and at the end. The hostel was our base, where we found all what we needed: clean bed, bathroom, wifi, very good equipped kitchen, wash machine and pleasant staff. I fully recommend to all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jana K
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Arctic Adventure Hostel for 3 night when we started our North Amercia Trip. So let me sum up the pros and cons:
pro
- very good price (for Anchorage)
- free wifi
- fully equipped large kitchen
- helpful staff

con
- it is not downtown
- the rooms are ok for sleeping but not for staying in it (small and limited view)

We would stay there again since it is afforable and most people need anchorage as a start/end point of there journey.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoergLand
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was suffering from sticker shock when I saw hotel pices in Anchorage. Arctic Adventure provides a simple place to stay comparable to as most hotels in Anchorage. I never used Hostels as a kid but I have stayed twice at Arctic. They provide a clean room with sheets and a towel. The room has a TV and except for the shared bathroom it is just like a hotel. The kitchen is open and you can fix your own breakfast. with their supplies. I recently paid $52 a night, about 1/3 of the hotel price.

Room Tip: Shared rooms are cheaper but for $52 what the heck?
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Roger F
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Clean, friendly, warm, comfortable... everything that you are looking on a place to stay. This Hostel is so good, we have a nice kitchen were we had the chance to talk with very nice people, room and bathrooms are so clean, the place is quiet all the time, is so close to Wall Mart, also to the bus stop that goes to 5th Ave. Joseph is so nice and helpful with everything.

Recently he didn't had anymore space for one night, so I went to another one call Alaska Backpacker Inn, OMG don't do it, I was missing really so much Arctic Adventures, DEFINITELY THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN ANCHORAGE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple