“Brain Cells?”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brain Cells?”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wow! What a night we had there! We went in to have a few drinks and to play trivia, Geeks who Drink. Just know our team was horrible but it was a lot of fun! I can say I am glad we took a taxi there! Neither of us could have drove home. This place is awesome! They have lots of different themed bars around and they also have live bands. After our trivia a band was playing and people were dancing. They also have the Birdhouse bar which is a replica of an older alaska bar with peoples unmentionables hanging from the ceilings and on the walls. Make sure you ask the host to try the ptarmigan whistle when you are in the birdhouse, it is an unforgettable experience!
Drinks are strong!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank SnowUtah

Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So what if hubby was freaked out by the guy with no finger!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Some guy at Koots came in after hours searching for his finger in the sawdust once, that's all! Sheesh! Me? Love the fact that you can walk around to hear different music genres. I no longer drink, but they used to be very good there. Lots of warm memories for me, just severed fingers for my poor hubby though!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MsNey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I love this bar”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just walking through the front door, puts a big smile on my face. Well, it use to anyways. It's not as busy and fun like it use to be. And I think it has to do with some of the staff. They will kick you out for anything. I Had a friend get kicked out for tripping. They thought he was drunk. But he hadn't even finished his first beer. But, I still enjoy the live band once in a while. And it's a great place to go if you you haven't been. Just a different bar experience. Make sure it's a weekend so all the bar areas are open

3 Thank EODWife88
Kennedale, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a good time @ Koot's”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Well as far as bar's go this would probably have to be your best option because it is the biggest/ most diverse bar in Alaska. Each room has a diff theme and of course a diff style of music. My friend, his girl friend and I arrived sometime around 1 and were there until 345 when they closed. It wasn't a very busy friday night, my friend said that usually its packed.

The negative side to Koot's is that you have to close your ticket if you wanted to buy in another room. Their is also a dress code so call ahead. my hat "wasn't on straight" I was told if i didn't fix it I would have to take it off. Another thing I noticed was the guy to girl ratio, 5-6 guys/ 1 girl. I assume the reason is that your close to a huge a$$ military base lol. but could also be a good thing I assume if your a single girl. My friends and I actually went to the bar to get drinks and guys were all over her like vultures lol.
Although it sounds like I'm giving a neg review, honestly its a cool environment and theres not much to do at night in AK We ended up playing pool most of the time and I really enjoyed it :). As long as you have fun thats all that matters.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank seandld50
Paradise Valley AZ
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Yup, where the Alaska Wild Life is !”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Well, this is where you find the Alaska Wildlife - That's for sure! OMG! This place was packed on a Friday night, each and every corner, room, section. This is definitely a total get-drunk-as-a-skunk and pick up and HO you can. And damn, everyone there was both. I was about the oldest specimen there.

Went about 10-1am with friends who wanted me to experience "ALASKA NIGHTLIFE" hahaha - ok, pass! For the record, I had 1 drink - I wanted all my facilities about me here.

Live band, playing total random music, each song had a 15-year gap: from dance to country, to guns and roses ?!? I would suggest no purse. It's hard enough to keep your drink from being spilled and you get knocked around every few seconds.

I'd suggest it for a looky-loo. BUT not my idea of a good 'ol time, but was defiantly interesting.

5 Thank LindaRan