“Great Place - Friendly People”
Review of Wildflower Inn

Wildflower Inn
Ranked #4 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This is a lovely alternative to a hotel - nice rooms are actually like suites with private bath. Breakfast is great and the hosts, Larry & Alan, are really helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on 3 different nights. I can't say enough kind words for this establishment. Check in was a breeze, Larry and Allan were very pleasant and knowledgeable. Larry was always there to answer questions and to give advice. Breakfast was fantastic. I loved the Finnish pancakes. The room we stayed in was the Lupine room. It was located at the front of the house upstairs. The room was very nicely decorated and was extremely clean. Plenty of towels in the bath also. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was great and I would return there again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

From the original phone call about reservations, I knew I was in good hands for my first nights in Alaska. When I arrived around 10:30 p.m., Larry showed me around the b&b, described its history, and took my heavy suitcase to my downstairs room. Each morning Allan prepared an amazing egg creation for breakfast, and good coffee flowed. My friend arrived extremely late from driving through Canada, so they accommodated her at their Arctic Fox Inn. The second night she and I had the roomy upstairs suite at A Wildflower Inn. When we added a third night, the inn was already booked, so the guys moved our luggage to The Arctic Fox, where there is a great view of Cook Inlet, breakfast, and a warm, friendly manager named Judy. I stayed again at The Arctic Fox later, after parting from family and our friend, and had the same exceptional service and warmth, including continental breakfast to go when I caught the 6:45 a.m. train to Seward for a boat tour.

Breakfasts were tasty, filling, and nutritious. Larry, Allan, and Judy were always friendly, helpful, and informative, inviting the same from guests at A Wildflower Inn and Arctic Fox. I heard some traffic noise upstairs at Wildflower, but certainly nothing to disturb sleep. The downstairs room is small and quiet and has a jacuzzi in its private bath. Wildflower is diagionally across the street from the wonderful New Sagaya Market. Both inns are in walking distance to downtown restaurants, shops, and the coastal trail. These two inns set the tone for a fantastic vacation in Alaska.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is a good cheap alternative to the hotels in Anchorage. We stayed here specifically because we could not find a hotel in Anchorage on Tripadvisor that sounded very nice. The owners are very nice and helpful. Bathrooms are cleaned but the beds are not made. The suites are large and adequate and you get use of the living room. Free wi fi hookup and they also let you use their computer at no charge.

Adorable from the street. Not great on the inside….rather old carpets but on the whole adequately does the trick at an incredibly reasonable price in a very friendly environment.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We stayed in the basement room. It was clean and comfortable. If there are people in the dining room, above the basement room it is noisy, but people were respectful and were out of the dining area by 9:30 pm. Because we were in the basement we did not hear the street traffic noise that others have mentioned.
We were treated very nicely and Allan went out of his way to help us with any needs we had. He made us a very nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage. There was also a nice selection of cereals, breads, and fruit.
I would stay there again but would request they do not charge my credit card until I get there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Wildflower Inn for our first and last nights in Alaska on a recent 2 week trip. Finding the B&B from the airport was a breeze and it was just a quick 10 minute drive. It's an easy walk to the downtown shops and restaurants, as well, making it a very convenient location for exploring Anchorage.

We stayed in two different rooms on our two nights, one was the Fireweed room (upstairs) and one was the Wild Iris room (downstairs). Both were comfortable and spacious. Larry and Allen were friendly hosts who made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the baked pancake with berries. Their fluffy orange cat, Nelson, decided to visit us on our second night and cuddle in bed, which was a great treat since we're cat lovers and by this time really missed our own kitties back home.

The only thing to be aware of is if you are in the downstairs room you may hear foot traffic upstairs. But, it's to be expected and didn't cause any issues.

I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone and if we are back in Anchorage in the future, we will look into staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My wife and stayed here for over a week during July. We used it as a base for exploring Anchorage, as it is well located for doing such. Larry and Allen also allowed us to storage luggage there when we visited Seward and Denali.

Other reviews have described much of what we experienced. A great breakfast, a friendly family environment and truly wonderful hosts--a home away from home.

I do have an allergy to cats, but I never experienced a problem with Nelson, even when he was on our bed.

Our stay was one of the nicest we have had anywhere and we highly recommend Wildflower Inn to all. The fact it is much less expensive than a motel is an added bonus.