“great location, comfrtable and well maintained”
Review of Wildflower Inn

Wildflower Inn
Ranked #4 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2008

my wife and I stayed here for three of the nights while in alaska this week. allen, larry, and the unforgetable nelson {the cat} were grat host. they informed us of great eats and drinks within blocks of thier downtown location and were glad to find out any thing we had questions about. The b&b was very well maintained I have never slept so well away from home. I would recomend this to anyone traveling to anchorage.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2007

My mother, cousin and I stayed one night at the Wildflower in July as we traveled Alaska. We were very pleased.

Arrangements were made easily, I called directly and found Allan and Larry very accomodating. The house is a two story house and we had the Lupine Suite upstairs with a king bed and 2nd room with futon. Lots of room, clean bathroom, tv/vcr with a selection of movies downstairs.

We felt very welcome and free to lounge in the downstairs living room and dining room. We picked up dinner at the gourmet grocery across the street and used the kitchen in the house to heat and enjoy our foods. We relaxed in the living room with a bottle of wine and felt right at home.

The house is neat and beautifully adorned with flower baskets and blossoms outside. Nelson the cat did snooze in our room, but we didn' t mind. I suppose we could have booted him out, but he also gave us a warm welcome.

The breakfast was served fresh and delicious. The wall of books and videos hold a wealth of knowledge if you want to learn more about Alaska. Our guests were eager to share in info or travel advise. We enjoyed our stay.

The location was handy, local traffic by the house but not a problem. Stairs are a bit narrow for anyone having difficulty climbing with luggage but if you needed help, I'm sure Larry or Allan would help you out. As someone stated earlier, it was as cozy as staying with relatives.

Thanks so much for a lovely stay! We'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristinesonja
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Stayed 2 nights on business. Very well run and well maintained, professionally kept. Extremely clean and tidy. Rooms have many thoughtful touches, with snacks and drinks available at all hours. Wireless Internet worked perfectly. A bookshelf, tons of guidebooks and maps, videos for visitors, etc. will keep you busy.

As far as expectations before arriving, this is a converted 50s duplex
with that 50s feel to it; it's more like staying at someone's house than a historic B&B. Also, I St is very busy, with a lot of traffic noise, so if that's an issue for you, book a room accordingly.

The supermarket right across the street is amazing, with a huge selection of everything you might ever want (including organic produce
and a huge grocery selection), coffee shop, a great bakery and a hot lunch buffet, with a uniquely Alaskan seating area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2007

What a terrific time we had staying at "A Wildflower Inn" in Anchorage. The home was charming and the hosts went to great ends to make sure that their guests felt at home. Wonderfully decorated and charming. The breakfasts started our days in the Anchorage area with plenty of energy and could not have been better. Very clean and fantastic linens. You cannot go wrong staying at this lovely home. Even served as a taxi service when I was in a jam for a ride...truly went above and beyond and exceeded expectations!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2007

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Wildflower & were made to feel very welcome. It's in an ideal location, just a short walk to downtown to the bars , restaurants & shops. Larry, one of the hosts makes the most amazing breakfasts, I especially enjoyed the norwegian pancake....delicious. We stayed in the Lupine suite which was very comfortable & was handy having the extra room in which to store all of our luggage. One word of warning, remember to close the doors behind you else you might find Nelson the cat having a snooze amongst your luggage : - )

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I agree with previous posters that this is an excellent place to stay in Anchorage. Attractive building, easy walk to downtown Anchorage -- especially to the more interesting part a few blocks west of the tourist zone. What really makes the place special is the care that Alan and Larry lavish on their guests -- it was sort of like staying with family, except that they're much better informed about Anchorage than most people's relatives will ever be! Nelson the cat was also ready to accommodate those in need of a cat fix. Home-made breakfast was top-notch.

We stayed in the basement room, which was of course darker and cooler than the upstairs rooms. I'd opt for the latter if I had the choice, but anyway it was spacious and had all the amenities we needed, and if you're very sensitive to noise it might be the best room, since traffic on I Street is a little heavy by local standards.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2007

The Wildflower Inn was like a home away from home for me on my first trip to Anchorage. It is a beautiful building with very comfortable rooms. The bed was big and plush, and the furnishings were more than I expected. I had a tv and vcr in my room, along with a nice selection of books and movies on the shelves. There was even a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom! Everything was very clean, tastefully decorated, and well cared for.

The owners, Alan and Larry, were friendly, accommodating and easy to get ahold of. I woke up to a freshly prepared breakfast of scrambled eggs, peppers, onions and cheese in a warm tortilla, as well as hot coffee and an assortment of help-yourself fruit, breads and beverages.

One of the best points of the Wildflower Inn is its location. It is a short walk from downtown and the scenic coastal trail, with easy access to main roads. There is also an upscale deli/market across the street.

I will definitely return to the Wildflower next time I am in Anchorage. Thanks Alan and Larry!

Dave