“Awesome garlic rolls”

Neighborhood: Midtown
United States
“Awesome garlic rolls”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

You'll be served garlic rolls after you sit down. They are excellent. Sometimes that's the main reason I go here. The food is a good value because you always have enough to take home for a second meal. Nice when I'm too tired to make lunch the next day. Nice crunchy salads. Although they seem overpriced. I think they're closed Monday's. It's usually cold and has somewhat of a low class atmosphere.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Everything here is good...”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Everything here is good. I'm partial to the veal parmigiana.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best Italian food in...”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The best Italian food in town. Their pizza is just as good as NYC pizza!

“Excellent service, food...”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Excellent service, food, portions and prices.

eagle river
“Yum - perfect cure for a cold alaska winter hunger”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Been to the restaurant twice, ordered to take home twice. Different dishes each time: ALL excellent. In restaurant, after a crazy day of bride shopping at our only local 'big city' store, my dear friend and I stopped in, were warmed, and soon had full bellies of sooo-good food.
(contrary to previous review, Nov. is winter, not August ...in my lifetime here, haven't seen a winter in August yet, although this is the latest it has snowed yet).
My friend had the penne broccoli - a little bland she said, but great with a splash of balsamic. It is a subtle dish, very soothing. We each had a house salad. I had the shrimp marinara/linguine.
I've had the afore mentioned canned type salad for take home. Clearly the artichokes and mushrooms are canned - the salad is still yummy.
take home: My fiance and I ordered small sizes of quite a few dishes so we could taste the local fair as touted by our local radio station. We were not disappointed. The mozzarella is so fresh it melts in your mouth: on the fresh basil pizza, and served on tomatoes as an appetizer.
The balsamic (I am a seasoned chef) was the sweetest I have had - and is excellent as a side dip to the garlic knot made-in-restaurant rolls.
The portions are huge! One is enough for two people.
I'm partial now to the shrimp marinara, served with linguine. Definitely two meals.
We're thinking of having them cater our wedding.
I encourage an unbiased visit all.
It ain't Toscany Italy. It's cold Anchorage, warm, family friendly, ALWAYS FULL with a wait time Nino's.

2 Thank akcol