“Fabulous Sunday brunch”

Ranked #13 of 931 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A wonderful restaurant in downtown Anchorage, Alaska serving creative breakfast and lunch dishes to locals and tourist alike. Make sure to check out our extensive beer and wine list.
Reviewed September 19, 2018

On a recent stay in Anchorage, my husband, son and I were looking for somewhere different to go for brunch, the Red Chair Cafe did not disappoint. Nice varied menu, coffee was excellent and the servers were extremely friendly and attentive. Don’t let the area put you off as it’s away from the more populated part of town and a must stop!

2  Thank lynneK2340DW

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

First time visit. Took friends from out of town on Sunday for breakfast to try something new. More than 30 minute wait for table for 4. Then took more than 30 more to get our food after waiting awhile to order. Dishes were creative and tasty. We had Lemon poppyseed pancakes, a veggie omelet and both the gluten free and other vegetarian choice. Salmon bacon was sold out by 10am which was something I wanted to try. Funky and lively space. If seating and service were faster might have given a 5. Likely to try again but sounds like slow service issue noted by others has not been resolved.

1  Thank LAKPIC
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I come to Anchorage regularly for work, and I’ve eaten here several times now. Unlike a lot of the restaurants here, the food at this place is pretty good. Everything is cooked to order, and I’ve been happy with the food quality. However like many of the restaurants here, the service is rather slow and inattentive. So if you’re in any kind of a hurry, I’d think about going elsewhere. On the other hand, if you have time for a leisurely breakfast or lunch, check it out. Food is pretty good.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Had literally one morning in anchorage between flights

Arrived early and had to chose between the Snow City amd the Ted Chair based on tripadvisor

Wrong choice!

The place felt depressed and sad at 8am on a saturday morning

Shabby chic/ slightly dirty feel

Many empty tables and staff looked liked they had been dragged in for a Saturday morning

Ask for a salmon Benedict and thought I had been given ham in error till I saw the ham on someone else’s plate

Coffee unremarkable

Left regretting our choice; the Snow City. Was at a much nicer end of downtown and was rammed!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I give a lot of four star reviews, but very few fives. I need something beyond expectations, something really out of the ordinary, for a five. We had lunch at the Red Chair and liked the place. We were a little jet-lagged from a long morning chasing time zones, and this place was very near our hotel. The atmosphere is pleasant, some local art on the walls, friendly staff, a full espresso bar. A nice start.

But here’s the thing - I had the Lizzie Sandwich. It was a wonderful mix of prosciutto, salami, caramelized onions and brie. It was special. Really a great sandwich. I don’t remember what my wife had.

Date of visit: July 2018
4  Thank Mike_in_CO

Been to The Red Chair Cafe? Share your experiences!