“One of the best best sandwiches ever”
Review of The Red Chair Cafe

The Red Chair Cafe
Ranked #12 of 931 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A wonderful restaurant in downtown Anchorage, Alaska serving creative breakfast and lunch dishes to locals and tourist alike. Make sure to check out our extensive beer and wine list.
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I give a lot of four star reviews, but very few fives. I need something beyond expectations, something really out of the ordinary, for a five. We had lunch at the Red Chair and liked the place. We were a little jet-lagged from a long morning chasing time zones, and this place was very near our hotel. The atmosphere is pleasant, some local art on the walls, friendly staff, a full espresso bar. A nice start.

But here’s the thing - I had the Lizzie Sandwich. It was a wonderful mix of prosciutto, salami, caramelized onions and brie. It was special. Really a great sandwich. I don’t remember what my wife had.

4  Thank Mike_in_CO

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Pros: Unique breakfast choices, cute atmosphere, very good lattes, great staff.

Cons: The wait on a Sunday for 4 persons was extremely long. 3 of the 4 of us had delicious meals. My dish unfortunately had a piece of long dark hair cooked into it. They were apologetic and removed from bill but it made me not want to eat anymore.

I would go back and try it again.

1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast with family and had an excellent meal. The French toast is 2" thick. The gravy and biscuits was very good. We will stop here again. Very popular with the locals.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stopped in for breakfast. Good, basic food and quick, friendly service. This place has been here a long time, small and older but good food.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

This is my new favorite place for breakfast in Anchorage, and I'm a big fan of Snow City and South. It's a little farther from the typical downtown establishments but they have some free designated parking places across the street to the East. They serve breakfast until they close, which is why we had breakfast for lunch. The decor is steampunk-eques but not dark.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to The Red Chair Cafe? Share your experiences!