Big Bear Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Anchorage
See available hotels
Mush Inn Motel(Anchorage)
Econo Inn(Anchorage)
  • Restaurant
Black Angus Inn(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here. The bedroom, grizzly room, I think, was very comfortable with beautiful pictures on the wall. Bathroom was very small due to being a toilet, sink and shower fitted into a former closet. There was a wonderful guest room shared by all guests which had coffee, all kinds of tea, hot chocolate, popcorn, DVDs, books and some games. Also a refrigerator that could be used by the guests. Breakfast was wonderful. Carol was a great cook. She served us delicious waffles and all kinds of special toppings. Also an egg and potato casserole. The only negative was she served some kind of a delicious looking breakfast pie to the other family that we were with. They had stayed there for a night, 3 days earlier so they got the pie which my husband and I could only enjoy visually and we got the waffles. A taste would have been nice. Despite this minor annoyance, I would give the overall rating excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at Carols B&Bfor 2 nights in March for my daughters graduation from college. We had the larger room and it was very accomodating. There were 5 of us. Carol put in a rollaway for my sone and then my mother and sister each had a double/queen bed and then my husband and I had a queen. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and had a big tub, a shower and then a seperate small area with a toilet and sink so if someone was in the shower someone else could still use the restroom.
Although the room was great the hospitality was even more wonderful!!! Carol and her daughter were very friendly and helpful. Carol is a retired Home Ec teacher so I can't tell you how wonderful the food was....she is full of stories from the homestead ages as well as from her life as a teacher. Although we stayed in the winter months, Carol grows her own berries and rhubarb and preserves them for her guest to enjoy off season. Her cooking was fantastic as well as her presentation. Her plates and table were very eye appealing.
This is a super place to crash and eat!!! I would reccomend to anyone for any amount of time you can stay...
Kathy French
Soldotna, AK

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Carol’s flowers and garden frame Big Bear. Her master gardener skills and knowledge come into the kitchen to blend with her master culinary arts. Carol is a superb baker as well as a cook. Her presentation of her food captures the visual beauty of Alaska. Big Bear is a living tribute to the state of Alaska. Her many display’s of Alaskan art, native crafts, big bear skin and various ivory pieces blend with her antiques to show her creativity. Carol is truly a steward for the state of Alaska. I encourage everyone visiting the state to treat themselves to Big Bear hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed and anything you would need is already provided for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at the Big Bear B and B. Carol works very hard to provide a "homey" atmosphere. The breakfast was fantastic and featured her homegrown fruits and berries. We stayed in the Glacier room, nice accomodations,quiet and slept well. We enjoyed touring her beautiful gardens. Carol was very helpful in giving directions to various touring sites and restaurants. Would recommend this B and B if visiting the Anchorage area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here our 1st and last night, so Carol lent us a cooler for our trip. Stayed in the Grizzly Room, wonderful King bed, odd little bathroom. (once was a cupboard) Excellent breakfast both times, enjoyed talking to the other guests who were traveling from Australia. Very clean, separate large sitting areas also, beautiful gardens.

Room Tip: You do have to go some steps for the second floor (I believe 2 sets of 5 steps)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple