“Perfect start of our honeymoon”
Review of Walkabout Town B&B

Walkabout Town B&B
Ranked #11 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at Walkabout in May and we're very pleased with the great help Walkabout provided us with. We had a great bed and a delicious home-cooked breakfast every morning. And Terry was kind enough to drop us off at the train station at 6.15 am! Well worth your money!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatrickM580

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a very enjoyable two night stay at Walkabout. The room was fine, the breakfasts were excellent, and our hosts were friendly and helpful. These were our first two nights in Alaska and around the breakfast table we got a lot of useful travel info from our hosts and the other guests. The Walkabout gets a strong recommendation from me

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobjennings101
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Walkabout Town B&B is run by the Stimsons. Sandy and Terry founded it some twenty years ago to accomodate globetrotters like themselves. Now their son Scott runs it in a very professional manner when he spends the summer in Anchorage.
I had the "Australian Room" which would easily sleep three people all to myself with a private bath. Everything was very tidy. Breakfast is held in a winter-garden. It's not a fancy neighborhood but it's an easy 10 to 15 mins walk to downtown Anchorage or one can take the bus. I could leave my bag while I was away on a day trip (They even gave me a lunch-bag). Late arrival is also no problem since they leave a personal message and your key.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stwproject
tstimson, Owner at Walkabout Town B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

What a wonderful review! Thank you for your kind description of our B&B. It is necessary to clarify that we provide breakfast bags for guests departing too early in the morning to eat our scrumptious cooked breakfast. We do not provide lunch bags.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Walkabout - the hosts were great, breakfast was delicious, and they even allowed us to store a salmon we caught in their freezer for 3 days while we traveled to Denali and back! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJK01_12
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I booked a three-day stay at Walkabout B&B. Scott was outstanding in understanding and accommodating my "special needs" when making the reservation. A medical condition required me to cancel our trip. Scott refunded our deposit the same day I notified him of the cancellation. He invited us to consider them if and when we rebook our trip. We will!

Room Tip: Discuss your special needs, if any, with Scott -- even by email.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bennett S
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here our first night in Alaska. The hosts were wonderful, and gave us lots of information to get us started. The neighborhood is not very picturesque, but it is quiet. We had a private bath with a double shower. Delicious breakfast! A wonderful start to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank me_encanta_viajar59
Reviewed July 26, 2013

By far this is best experience I had ever for a one day stay. So warm feelings that it felt like home even though I was thousands of miles away from home. I still remember the lovely family and heart warming welcome. So friendly and the best breakfast with love. IF I ever get a chance I will not choose another place. It was the most beautiful place. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to have the warmest feeling and a peaceful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joseman68
tstimson, Owner at Walkabout Town B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thanks for the great review, George, your visit had a profound effect on us, too, and we remember you as one of our favorite customers! Pretty amazing for a one day stay. We look forward to more guests just like you.