Anchorage Walkabout Town Bed and Breakfast
$212
ClarionHotels
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$209
$167
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$257
QualityInn
$383
$369
EmbassySuites.com
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$229
$314
$179
$159
BestWestern.com
All reviewsother guestshomemade yogurtprivate bathroombike trailcustom breakfastcommon living areaquiet neighborhooda quick cab ridecentrally located to downtownbreakfasts were wonderfulgreat place to staywasher dryerwalking trailsnext morningearly flightexcellent breakfastkenai peninsula
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a very enjoyable two night stay at Walkabout. The room was fine, the breakfasts were excellent, and our hosts were friendly and helpful. These were our first two nights in Alaska and around the breakfast table we got a lot of useful travel info from our hosts and the other guests. The Walkabout gets a strong recommendation from me

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobjennings101
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Walkabout Town B&B is run by the Stimsons. Sandy and Terry founded it some twenty years ago to accomodate globetrotters like themselves. Now their son Scott runs it in a very professional manner when he spends the summer in Anchorage.
I had the "Australian Room" which would easily sleep three people all to myself with a private bath. Everything was very tidy. Breakfast is held in a winter-garden. It's not a fancy neighborhood but it's an easy 10 to 15 mins walk to downtown Anchorage or one can take the bus. I could leave my bag while I was away on a day trip (They even gave me a lunch-bag). Late arrival is also no problem since they leave a personal message and your key.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stwproject
tstimson, Owner at Anchorage Walkabout Town Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

What a wonderful review! Thank you for your kind description of our B&B. It is necessary to clarify that we provide breakfast bags for guests departing too early in the morning to eat our scrumptious cooked breakfast. We do not provide lunch bags.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Walkabout - the hosts were great, breakfast was delicious, and they even allowed us to store a salmon we caught in their freezer for 3 days while we traveled to Denali and back! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJK01_12
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I booked a three-day stay at Walkabout B&B. Scott was outstanding in understanding and accommodating my "special needs" when making the reservation. A medical condition required me to cancel our trip. Scott refunded our deposit the same day I notified him of the cancellation. He invited us to consider them if and when we rebook our trip. We will!

Room Tip: Discuss your special needs, if any, with Scott -- even by email.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bennett S
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here our first night in Alaska. The hosts were wonderful, and gave us lots of information to get us started. The neighborhood is not very picturesque, but it is quiet. We had a private bath with a double shower. Delicious breakfast! A wonderful start to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends