“Noisy pub”

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse
Ranked #14 of 869 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy and casual local atmosphere. Friendly staff. Plenty of seating on the heated covered patio. Live music. Over 50 beers on tap. Fresh Alaskan seafood. For beer lovers by beer lovers.
Sydney, Australia
“Noisy pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had dinner here, i liked that they had a healthy food section of the menu. We liked the interesting decor with all the different beer tap decorations above the bar.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Pensacola, Florida
“Good for a quick beer and fried halibut, but gets very crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Humpy's is a must do, at least once. But, know that it gets very busy and crowded and when it does, the quality of service and food goes down hill fast. Just so you know, there is an outside patio area, off the back alley, that is available, and nice on a hot summers day. Try it, but be patient.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Frank B
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great food in a prime downtown location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Heard so much about Humpy's that we decided we better try it. Last night was theatre night and this restaurant is on 5th, located about as close as you can get to the top performances.

From the reviews, I understood it was pretty noisy and catered to the young after work crowds. So I was prepared to render a judgement that if I was 40 years younger this place would probably be my penchant, but not nowadays. When we entered, seat yourself, my first impressions were exactly what I expected, pretty worn in areas from all the traffic and business and the crowd's age most likely averaged 25 or so. Since it was Thursday the place wasn't jammed as one would expect on Fridays and Saturdays.

We had a decent booth, booths are all huge with nothing much set up just for a couple.

First positive happening was the waiter, a guy who really had his act together as far as accommodating folk. They have a full liquor license here so instead of my usual wine I ordered a cocktail.Then the food came, Wow. He had talked me into Halibut. More accurately, their-- "Horseradish Crusted Halibut" an Alaskan halibut fillet crusted with fresh grated horseradish and pan-seared. Wife made up her mind when she first saw the menu, she loves steamer clams. They dubbed them "Alaska's Best Steamer Clams" and they aren't exaggerating, I stole more than one from her huge bowl.

I've been saying there are a lot of good places to eat in downtown Anchorage, many of which we are just discovering, and this is clearly one of them.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“It was cozy and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch. It was diverse and had great food. I ordered the halibut and chips my husband ordered the nachos, the serving for that was very large.I really enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere.

Eagle River, Alaska
“good meal and drinks before a show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were going to see Arlo Guthrie at the Performing Arts Center and dinner at Humpy's before the show was perfect. The seafood, IPA's and berry crisp dessert were excellent, as was being across the street from the PAC.