“Great spot for good beer and food!”

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse
Ranked #13 of 878 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cozy and casual local atmosphere. Friendly staff. Plenty of seating on the heated covered patio. Live music. Over 50 beers on tap. Fresh Alaskan seafood. For beer lovers by beer lovers.
Denver, Colorado
“Great spot for good beer and food!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went to this place twice in my four days. There beer selection is probably the best in Anchorage and they have a ton of local brews. The food is amazing and a great value. You get a TON. Humpy's was highly recommended by a lot of people I talked to and I can see why. I would recommend this place anyone. The seating is a first come, first serve basis, so there is a bit of stalking that goes on....lots of people watching you eat! Must visit!

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Nanaimo B.C.
“Great Burgers and Beer”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Humpy’s is a bit of a different restaurant in Anchorage. It’s more along the Pub style but its pretty quirky. The menu is very eclectic with many unique items. Service is very good and the food is prepared very well. Prices are mid range. The restaurant has some pretty unique décor, which makes it enjoyable to visit. The burgers are very very very good!!
Humpy’s is right downtown, so you are near to almost all of the big must see sights in Anchorage. I highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2012
Bothell, Washington
“Good food and beer selection”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The food was great and the beer selection was huge but the atmosphere was kind of gloomy. When we first walked in it took a while to adjust to how dark it was inside. But the service was very attentive and it was a nice way to spend a few hours. Really wish we had gone back a second time.

• Visited March 2013
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the shop owners at the mall suggested that we try the fish tacos for lunch. The fish tacos were fresh and well prepared with just the right amount of sauce and spices. A good selection of local beers. Service was attentive and knowledgable.

“No admittance!?”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a drink from one of our local favorites after a long day of travel. We started heading over there after checking into the mariott. The bar at the mariott closed.... Unfortunately. The walk over was very close but it was extremely cold so we were both very cold by the time we made it to the door. The doorman checked out id's and let my wife in;however, the doorman would not let me in because I was too intoxicated. I WAS COMPLETELY SOBER; in fact, I did not a have a single drop of alcohol. The manager pro erased to explain to my wife and I that we looked obviously intoxicated and tired. We were tired but we were far from intoxicated. The night before we stayed up most of the night watching the northern lights (we are both avid star gazers). We simply wanted to have a drink before going back to our hotel for the evening. Needless to say, the doorman and manager would not allow us to come in because we were 'too intoxicated'. The only thing we were intoxicated with was life and the love of one another. We have supported humpys for years and are absolutely appalled by the way we were treated. We will not be returning and they lost two very good customers that never caused any problems and tipped extremely well. So, if your not ashamed after reading this you should be.

- extremely disappointed former customer