“Good place for lunch”

Ranked #13 of 895 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cozy and casual local atmosphere. Friendly staff. Plenty of seating on the heated covered patio. Live music. Over 50 beers on tap. Fresh Alaskan seafood. For beer lovers by beer lovers.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of the shop owners at the mall suggested that we try the fish tacos for lunch. The fish tacos were fresh and well prepared with just the right amount of sauce and spices. A good selection of local beers. Service was attentive and knowledgable.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a drink from one of our local favorites after a long day of travel. We started heading over there after checking into the mariott. The bar at the mariott closed.... Unfortunately. The walk over was very close but it was extremely cold so we were both very cold by the time we made it to the door. The doorman checked out id's and let my wife in;however, the doorman would not let me in because I was too intoxicated. I WAS COMPLETELY SOBER; in fact, I did not a have a single drop of alcohol. The manager pro erased to explain to my wife and I that we looked obviously intoxicated and tired. We were tired but we were far from intoxicated. The night before we stayed up most of the night watching the northern lights (we are both avid star gazers). We simply wanted to have a drink before going back to our hotel for the evening. Needless to say, the doorman and manager would not allow us to come in because we were 'too intoxicated'. The only thing we were intoxicated with was life and the love of one another. We have supported humpys for years and are absolutely appalled by the way we were treated. We will not be returning and they lost two very good customers that never caused any problems and tipped extremely well. So, if your not ashamed after reading this you should be.

- extremely disappointed former customer

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'd been in Alaska for two weeks staying with family, and had not yet had even one bite of the famous Alaskan halibut! Having been recommended Humpys by my hotel concierge, I thought I'd give it a go.
From the outside, Humpy's makes you almost reconsider stepping in. It looks somewhat run down, and I was accosted twice outside by locals wanting "just a dollar." But in I went, and so glad I did! The decor is fun and eclectic. Menu is large and varied, with prices to match. I was a little surprised by the $20 price tag on halibut fish and chips, but the server assured me they were worth it. She also recommended a beer for me that was absolutely the best stout I've ever had. (sorry Guiness, but its true!) The HUGE portion of fish and chips was enough to share, but after one bite of the most tender, juicy and delicious halibut EVER, there is no way that I was going to. The accompanying fries were good, but not great. My friend had the Turkey, Bacon and Avocado wrap...it, too, was huge, and she had no desire to share it, either! We missed the make your own Bloody Mary day, but hers was perfectly mixed and served. This place makes me want to go back to Alaska just to have another meal there!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food is basic and delicious. Hamburger and fries or something more exotic, Humpy's has it all. The drinks are well made and there is a large variety of Beer to chose from. A fun place to take friends from out of town or meet locals for good food and lots of laughs.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just like most restaurants in Anchorage, the real highlight of this place is the fantastic beer that comes from the cities many micro breweries. Atmosphere is good in this pub/restaurant but like any other venue, be prepared to wait for a table. Our waiter was a great bloke who helped me out with recommendations for other watering holes around the joint. I came to try some the Alaskan salmon of which I had been given some rave reviews and I was far from disappointed. The vegetables and mash that accompanied the meal were absolute perfection. I found it a little busy for my liking as a drinking venue, but if you're here for a good meal with a good beer at a reasonable price, you could do a lot worse.