“Great lunch find!”

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse
Ranked #14 of 869 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy and casual local atmosphere. Friendly staff. Plenty of seating on the heated covered patio. Live music. Over 50 beers on tap. Fresh Alaskan seafood. For beer lovers by beer lovers.
Encinitas, California
“Great lunch find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'd been in Alaska for two weeks staying with family, and had not yet had even one bite of the famous Alaskan halibut! Having been recommended Humpys by my hotel concierge, I thought I'd give it a go.
From the outside, Humpy's makes you almost reconsider stepping in. It looks somewhat run down, and I was accosted twice outside by locals wanting "just a dollar." But in I went, and so glad I did! The decor is fun and eclectic. Menu is large and varied, with prices to match. I was a little surprised by the $20 price tag on halibut fish and chips, but the server assured me they were worth it. She also recommended a beer for me that was absolutely the best stout I've ever had. (sorry Guiness, but its true!) The HUGE portion of fish and chips was enough to share, but after one bite of the most tender, juicy and delicious halibut EVER, there is no way that I was going to. The accompanying fries were good, but not great. My friend had the Turkey, Bacon and Avocado wrap...it, too, was huge, and she had no desire to share it, either! We missed the make your own Bloody Mary day, but hers was perfectly mixed and served. This place makes me want to go back to Alaska just to have another meal there!

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Palmer, Alaska
“Classic AK bar scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food is basic and delicious. Hamburger and fries or something more exotic, Humpy's has it all. The drinks are well made and there is a large variety of Beer to chose from. A fun place to take friends from out of town or meet locals for good food and lots of laughs.

Visited October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service, better beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just like most restaurants in Anchorage, the real highlight of this place is the fantastic beer that comes from the cities many micro breweries. Atmosphere is good in this pub/restaurant but like any other venue, be prepared to wait for a table. Our waiter was a great bloke who helped me out with recommendations for other watering holes around the joint. I came to try some the Alaskan salmon of which I had been given some rave reviews and I was far from disappointed. The vegetables and mash that accompanied the meal were absolute perfection. I found it a little busy for my liking as a drinking venue, but if you're here for a good meal with a good beer at a reasonable price, you could do a lot worse.

• Visited March 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
“Had high hopes but was not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Humpy's because of a local in Anchorage highly recomended it. This I told her was I was looking for some great seafood but didn't want to pay and arm and a leg for it. The wait was very long, salad that I had was of low quality, Seafood (Halibut and Crap legs) were just OK at best. I have had better in Califorina. Service was not good, slow, no follow up and just plain not good at their job. The food was not paired well, items on my plate were cooled when they were to be hot, cold items were warm and other items just were not done well. Beer selection was very good and cold but that just does not do it for me. It has great promise but poor delievery.

• Visited February 2013
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Great Buffalo wings!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The wings were great, not to mention the other meals we had here. Good selection of beers as well. Actually picked up a cool hat in the Humpy's clothing store next door as well.