“Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse”

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse
Ranked #35 of 897 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Cozy and casual local atmosphere. Friendly staff. Plenty of seating on the heated covered patio. Live music. Over 50 beers on tap. Fresh Alaskan seafood. For beer lovers by beer lovers.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited Anchorage in June with some friends who told us about this place so we thought we would try it out.

Wow, what a fantastic meal and bar. Atmosphere was great and food was awesome. Very reasonably priced and very good value for money.

We would definitely eat here again if we ever come back and will be telling any friends who decide to visit to come here.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,437)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is more a place for young people. The food was good, the service was ok, it is not expensive. Definitely a different place, more like a sports bar atmosphere. Would dine again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

It's a lil dark and mainly a bar, but during the day great for families, service is quick and friendly. Food is original and fresh and that's one of the most important things I look for. Evenings and nights are definitely for adult time, bar gets loud and I think at some times they card at the door too. Whenever we got a sitter we always went here, amazzzzing seafood, try the fish and chips, and crab roll. You won't be disappointed with either.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Opposite the Center for Performing Arts, this place is a popular local hang-out with good food and drinks. They have drink specials and reasonably priced appetizers. I had never had crab nuggets before and I found them to be delicious so I tried them again when I found a Humpy's at the Anchorage airport before my flight back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went with another couple on a Friday night. It was crowded but we got seated quickly. The crab bites appetizer are delicious. The fish and chips was very generous portions and fresh & delicious. Dress is very casual. They have a large selection of beer. I would definitely go back again. I'd like to try their build your own bloody mary bar. Our friend said it was fantastic. Another trip...