“Touristy pricing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very expensive for what it is: bar food with a decent view. The service was ok, took a long time for a sandwich that was just ok. Pricing is very high for what you get.

1  Thank fozzetti

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Service started slow with drinks and I was never asked for a refill till about the time we received our check. We were given 2 menus for a party of 11 and were not given silverware or napkins. My bison burger was decent, but would be fairly priced at $10-$12, not $18, and an additional $2 for cheese is absurd. Some people in our party really enjoyed their chowder. My father's "special" chicken dish was terrible...dry, bland, and not served as advertised. My wife's fish and chips were okay, but a bit overcooked. Management needs to cut prices in half or get new cooks and wait staff to justify the cost. I'm not going back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Place is packed! We were there before Iditarod tho so I was expecting it. Food is high priced, drinks are high priced. It is a hotel bar. The server brought out the wrong item, but charged me for it, which was less than what I ordered, but I didn't want to wait so I ate it. Their "Specialty" drinks are pretty good.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Good food, great service, and an excellent selection of local beers. Live music adds to the ambiance. Average pricing for Alaska.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We found it better to eat in our hotel than elsewhere! Excellent food (loved the reindeer sliders), personable staff. Nice environment. Lakeside dining.