“Standard pub grub”
Review of Snow Goose Restaurant - CLOSED

Snow Goose Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Part of the local brewery, this restaurant serves up pretty standard pub grub.....with the obligatory huge portions! Pleasant, and helpful waiting staff, but not particularly memorable otherwise...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had dinner here twice this week. Food was reasonably priced and very Good. Staff extra attentive and helpful with meal choices. On a clear day would be lovely to sit and watch the sunset. Unfortunately weather was overcast on both occasions.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had lunch here a couple of times during a recent visit.
It hasn't got the character of Humpy's but it has an upstairs, outside deck which has "views" towards the Turnagain Arm - if you count a cargo port as views that is. OK, there are mountains in that direction too, plus you can watch the planes fly by - they are far enough away not to be too noisy but close enough to see.
Good location (very close to the Capt Cook), good staff, good beers and excellent food - worth a visit.
The downstairs area seemed to be a bit more formal than upstairs, but wasn't more than tidy/business casual rather than truly formal.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I first wanted to go here just because it is a local brewery. Then I was told; "but the food isnt so good , you basically go for the view." and "on a rare clear day you can see Mt. Denaly." Hummmm what to do!... Well, I ate some place else and saw Mt. Denaly from another water front vantage point which I am told is extreemly rare and had a local brew at another brewery. stupid me. Then I left Anchorage.
Five days later I am back in Anchorage for a lunch stop, it is a spectacularly clear day, I decide to go to go have lunch at the Grey Goose if anything just to see the view I missed.
Well, my friends I have to tell you not only is the view truly spectacular so is the food and the beers!!
I sampled 6 of their luscious brews and I had one of the best salmon dishes I ever had in all of Alaska( I ate salmon every day, so I did have some expertise in AK salmon) A perfectly prepare grilled rare piece of fish with some of the best smashed potatoes, which seem to be an AK specialty everywhere. The combo was fantastic! look at the photo I took and you'll see I am not making this up.
I highly recommend Grey Goose not only for the view and great atmosphear but for the beer AND the food!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped in here for just a beer. The top deck has a great view. The service was really slow. Some of the other people at other tables were getting food, and a little better service.