“Beautiful View!”
Review of Snow Goose Restaurant - CLOSED

Snow Goose Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We went to lunch during the beginning of the Fur Rondy ad decided to eat downtown near the carnival. The atmosphere is great, with great views. The food is average, not bad but priced a little high. I think you are paying for the location and not the quality.

There are newer reviews for Snow Goose Restaurant

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Overall wonderful service and great beer selection. Food was average - much more of a bar/microbrew scene than a fancy restaurant. Seemed a little pricey for what you got - but we had a large party of 10 and they did a great job.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm giving this restaurant a generous two-stars only because the outdoor seating on the patio is phenomenal in the summer time. Whether lunch time or for drinks in the evening, the view of the inlet and the Alaska range mountains beyond is pretty much the best in town. However, that said, the food really is terrible. I've never had a meal I enjoyed there, and sometimes I've had meals that I had to send back. Food is usually undercooked (including poultry and seafood) and the dishes are just not tasty. The service is also lacking - I've had a series of rude and rushed waiters/waitresses when visiting, making it especially unpleasant. If you want to drink beers on a lovely patio with a view, this is a good place. If you're looking for anything more, go someplace else.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped there for lunch, and froze in the middle of the summer. I wanted to wrap up in a napkin, it was so cold. Part of the restaurant is located outside, but when they open the doors it's a bit frigid for those who choose to dine inside. Food, was good but not great. I probably won't return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had been wanting to visit this place for awhile, and finally took the plunge... Servers were super-nice, the interior was pretty neat, tables were cozy... but that is were it ends. Such a shame, since the restaurant offers some good views. However, my beer was completely flat, and my dinner seemed like someone took it out of a can. Had the chicken pot pie; the chicken was probably out of a can, the filling was just like cream of chicken soup, and the top was a little piece of frozen phyllo dough warmed-up. Not worth it!