“a steady good eats” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
“a steady good eats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is usually good if a bit under seasoned. Mostly organic they do have bison steak and burger. not sure if it is organic.
Need to come up with a good burger and steak sauce as bison can be a bit dry. Fish dishes have always been great.

Visited January 2014

“Excellent healthy choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Healthy choices with smart service. The service staff has eaten the food on the menu and knows what is in each item. They use local when available and organic choices

Warning, The shopping center management is very strict about parking. Do not go to a shop outside that center if you do not want to be towed

Visited October 2013
“Disappointing pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I went here with a vegan friend, and she loves the food. I went with an organic Greek pizza (non-vegan) and was very disappointed. The crust was more like a biscuit than a pizza, and the toppings were dry and dull.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Macon, Georgia
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I looked forward to eating at Organic Oasis during our 10 day AK trip. After eating out so many days, I wanted to eat something healthy.

We both ordered the baked tofu 1/2 sandwich, one with pesto, and the other hot and spicy. As for the sides, one of us ordered a salad with house-made 1000 island dressing, and the other ordered a three bean soup with the sandwich. The soup was not bad, and the dressing was good. Unfortunately, this is where all good things end.

Our sandwiches were bland. I mean, bland. I am used to eating "health food", and this sandwich can easily be ranked in the 5-most horrible sandwiches I have ever eaten. Plus, each half sandwich costs $8. I had Organic Oasis down for 3 meals during our 3 day stay in Anchorage area, and I am glad we only made it there once. I was looking forward to having a smoothie, but gave up on that idea since I was afraid to try.

The establishment was decorated nicely, and wi-fi worked well. Our server was pleasant, but very quiet. Perhaps it was her first day. Also, there were no utensils, and no napkins other than the small napkin we got with the soup. Since the sandwich was overflowing, we used our hands to pick up whatever fell out. Our server was no where to be found the entire time for us to ask for utensils and napkins.

We only tried one kind of sandwich. They have an extensive menu, so I am hoping it is just this one entree that is bad, and perhaps it was just this day that it was bad. However, I can only review what we ordered. I like the idea of the restaurant, it is essential to have a restaurant where you can detox and have a healthy meal, but food needs to be healthy AND tasty.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eagle River, Alaska
“Awesome, fresh food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have had smoothies, coffee, oatmeal, sandwiches, and the fruit bowls here. My favorite is the fresh fruit bowl with homemade yogurt and granola. Wonderful.

Visited April 2013