“The food is okay - the politics are not.”
Review of Organic Oasis

Organic Oasis
Ranked #134 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The food was acceptable. Unacceptable is the poster in Organic Oasis' entryway claiming that 9/11 was a conspiracy. There are veterans working as wait and cook staff at Organic Oasis, making the poster even more offensive. Take it down! Just because some nut has awful private opinions about what happened 9/11 doesn't mean they should be publicized. We went once and will not go back because of how offended we were by that poster. We personally witnessed those attacks and know just how devastating they were. To have such a poster in view makes a mockery of other people's suffering.

1  Thank DebraNC

Reviewed August 31, 2011

In a town that loves to fry things this is a great alternative. The food is healthy and mostly tasty but the service is horrible. I haven eaten here a couple of times but only when I am really desparate for healthy food. If you go expect okay taste and rude staff and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank mandmski
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife and I ordered the Greek pizza, and it was overcooked and dry. The top of the pizza was BLACK. All of the ingredients were burnt. The waitress agreed, and she appeared almost embarrassed to serve it. She talked with the so-called chef. She told us the chef said he serves all his pizza "crispy," and unless you order it "non-crispy," this is what to expect. Well chef all I can say is: YUCK! Your pizza was terrible. Frankly, I think you should admit you made a mistake, and you should own up to the fact that you BURNED IT!

3  Thank OhWowMan
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stopped in here after 1pm to order a lunch to go but was never even acknowledged after standing at the counter for about 10 minutes, though the two guys behind the counter talked to the three ladies over by the register who'd already been served. I was on limited time to order, get my food & get back to work so finally had to leave. This was the second time I'd tried to get a to-go lunch here and neither time was successful. I've eaten here before, though it was several years ago & the food was good back then. I think that the wait staff needs to learn to watch for new customers & let them know that they've been noticed, at the very least.

1  Thank alaskanannie
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stopped here for lunch and couldn't have been more pleased. The exterior is totally deceiving - it's in a little strip mall in the middle of Midtown, surrounded by a bunch of random other little shops. I tried the special, which that day was a black bean-tortilla pie with guacamole and salsa. It was absolutely delicious!!! This is the type of restaurant that a non-vegetarian/vegan or organic-lover could easily eat at and still be happy. I was very pleasantly surprised. Our server (whose name I did not catch, unfortunately!) was very helpful, quick to recommend his favorites and happy to answer all of our questions. He was incredibly nice to us and knew everything on the menu. Kudos!!!

1  Thank kaydajay