“Good place for lunch”

Cuisines: Central European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was at the nearby Embassy Suites, so walked over here for lunch. They had an impressive beer list, but I couldn't drink, so I didn't take advantage of that. Menu for lunch is fairly limited, but I had a good sandwich and a cup of soup. I realized afterward, that you can order breakfast even at lunch, which apparently is good, but I didn't try it. Anyways, great for a quick lunch. I would go again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had lunch here during a recent business trip to Anchorage. Good food and nice atmosphere. Service was good even though the place was packed for lunch.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Amsterdam Cafe is a popular breakfast and lunch place in mid-town Anchorage. The setting & interior decor is nice, the service is good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful, even when they are busy. There is an extensive menu with a variety of offerings, including many types of beverages. While our orders were taken and delivered quickly, I noted that my salad special + bowl of soup were tasty but served in rather small portions, and that my bread was similarly shrunken in size (and I was also given the "heel" as well -- while I'm a firm proponent of using all food and not wasting anything, it was rather interesting that they chose to serve it, instead of using it for croutons etc.). I've visited the Amsterdam Cafe periodically over the last decade, and it seems perhaps that the food quality has declined somewhat (or maybe I'm just getting pickier?). With all of the excellent dining options available in Anchorage, I'll probably go elsewhere next time...

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I seriously expected better from a restaurant that boasts of European cuisine! The food was acceptable but doesn't compare to the food I had while I lived in Europe for 3 years! But the most dissapointing part is that my card was over charged! I have 3 charges from 1 visit!! It is absolutely rediculious that this has happened! I expected more!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went there for dinner. The restaurant is really nice, and clean.
I had the Veggie Thai on a Croissant. It was absolutely delicious.
Friendly staff and a very nice and friendly owner. She came to our table and chatted with us and made us feel like home.