“I love this place”

Cuisines: Central European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I love this restaurant. I try to come here anytime I'm in town. The homemade perogies are the bomb ditty. You can't go wrong for breakfast. They open at 7a.m. If you go on the weekend, expect a wait. If you love beer, this is your paradise.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a little place in mid town Anchorage that is just to die for. The menu is limited but every single thing on it is a delicious treat to the senses. The flavors are distinct in each dish and work together well. My favorite dish is the "angles on horseback", large shrimp wrapped in smoky bacon on a bed of rice with a salad. Not to big, not to small and really really tasty. The wine and beer selection is good, the staff is professional and very pleasant. My husband and I go there for lunch or dinner with out the kids to spend some time chilling out and occasionally with the kids too. I've taken my mom and gone with friends so it really is a place for anyone. I adore the place and urge anyone that wants to relax and enjoy a good meal to visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Good food with a difference. Pastries, too, that hit the palate just right.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have to say it was odd. I can not quite put my finger on it, but beer in a wine glass says it all. It felt like we were the odd ones however. Lots of folks must go there all the time and are sort of food was a bit strange too, what exactly was it?like family. Oh they were friendly but I felt like we were being stared at?
So for a mystery date this is the place, or not.

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were there for lunch, did not look like a great place but it was recommende for their beer. They had a great selection, but we were really suprised when the beer came in a a wine glass?? Food was good but expensive. Half of an avocado melt for $11 it is a little too high.
Service was ok.