“Really top shelf! Try the elk and crab legs”
Review of The Crow's Nest

The Crow's Nest
Ranked #24 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Cap'n Cook in a suite so the Crow's Nest was a great choice for our arrival nite from FL. I tried the chef specia Elk and it was very flavorful, not gamey or too firm. Wife had the King Crab Legs special with Oysters on shell. Fab!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went here for a special family meal last week during a visit to Anchorage. Service was good, restaurant was lovely with great views but the food was not up to scratch for the prices they charge. Both my crab cakes to start and my halibut main course lacked flavour and imagination. My wife's salmon was a little better but I expected more.

Selection of wine was excellent as we were recommended a couple of excellent bottles by the very knowledgable staff.

Won't be returning on our next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

On the top floor of the Captain Cook Hotel, the Crow's nest offers a truly fine dining experience. A well rounded wine selection, excellent martini's (but no Hendriks Gin :() and food that is well presented and cooked. When in Alaska one must have salmon and the salmon at the Crow's nest is wonderful

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We made a reservation online and mentioned we were there to celebrate my birthday. The hostess welcomed me with a happy birthday an there was a card on the table when we were seated. The entire staff was great, especially our server Jennifer who was the perfect amount of attentive without hovering. The view was amazing! We had prime rib eye and crab legs that were both out of this world delicious. The dessert chef even put something special together for us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and the dress code made it fun to get classy without feeling out of place like most anchorage restaurants would make you feel.

1  Thank LivingAlaskan
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Be warned, it is expensive, but you truly get what you pay for here. There is a reason for the high prices and the exceptional service, food and wine selection is the reason!!!

1  Thank Rich K