“This is fantastic mexican food (not tex-mex style)! The Sopes, Gorditas, and mole sauce (found on the enchiladas and...”

Mexico In Alaska Restaurant
Ranked #419 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Girdwood, Alaska
Reviewed August 5, 2009

This is fantastic mexican food (not tex-mex style)! The Sopes, Gorditas, and mole sauce (found on the enchiladas and the chicken mole) are superb. The basics are great too, and they are very good at following special dietary requests.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed March 7, 2009

I have a bit of an affinity for Mexican food, and I was extremely disappointed by Mexico in Alaska. My boyfriend and I waited for over an hour for our food, and the restaurant wasn't full or busy so I see no excuse for this. We saw our waiter twice, when he took our order and when he dropped off the food, and the staff was just standing around chatting. When we finally got our food it was awful. I've never eaten blander food. We decided to pack it up and take it home to doctor it and make it taste better. And to add insult to injury, the food was outrageously over-priced. We decided not to make a scene and just paid for the food and took it home but looking back on the experience I really wish I would have sent the food back and refused to pay. I wouldn't wish this restaurant on my worst enemy. I will never go back.

Reviewed February 28, 2008

I wen to Anchorage on vacations and Mexico in Alaska is a real flavor of the mexican food. The hospitality and the service was excelent. The owner and all the staff makes you feel like in famliy.

I'm native of Mexico and all that I can say is that in no other mexican restaurant I tasted an excelent food like in Meixco In Alaska. Try the burritos, the tostadas or the Schrimps made it "Veracruzana" style, that's terrific!!!

Anchorage Alaska is a great and beautiful city. You need to go to Mexico in Alaska just to say that you really went to Anchorage and taste an exquisute flavor of the mexican cousine beyond borders of Mexico.

2  Thank areco