“Can not get enough of railroading”

Alaska Railroad Depot
Book In Advance
More Info
$20.00*
and up
Anchorage Trolley Tour
Ranked #11 of 226 things to do in Anchorage
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We will return in the summer. I think my husband would like to move here and volunteer in helping repair the old trains. You are a great group of people

There are newer reviews for Alaska Railroad Depot

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Took a scenic train ride from Seward to Anchorage. By far, probably the best train ride I have taken,. The upgrade to the dome car is worth it. This is considered first-class.

1  Thank Stan N
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We made 2 journeys by train. One from Anchorage to Talkeetna, stayed there for a day and then to Denali. Just fascinating in the month of May when the land, the ponds, the rivers are all covered with snow and snow. Accommodation is luxurious and the dome cars are fascinating. The seat backs move upto 60 degrees and u can even sleep, although I doubt if you would ever do it - the outside view is so beautiful. The doors have open windows for photography to avoid reflections. The train even stops whenever a wild-life is spotted for you to take pictures. We came down from Denali to Anchorage by bus and the scenery is just so-so, in no way can it be compared with what we have seen while travelling by train, but the ticket prices are extremely high.

3  Thank Dr_B_Maitra
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very interesting train ride. Our crew was very informative about the history of the area as we rode the long trip. We got to see wildlife along the way and snow covered mountains all along the way. Only dislike was having to come back the next day or having to wait a week to ride the train back which was what we wanted to do.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Even though I have lived in Anchorage for several years, I had never actually been inside nor bought a train ticket. It is a National Historic Building, so it was nice to finally see inside. The process was fast and efficient, and there is ample parking for the depot. There are some historical plaques and information inside. There was coffee and water available for ticketed passengers. Loading up on the train was easy and I did not feel hasseled because there was plenty of space and guidance from the conductors.
My family and I took the train to Seward. It took longer than an auto drive but it was worth it to see the fantastic backcountry of the Chugach National Forest. I think next year we would like to take the train to Denali National Park.

1  Thank Mackjk