“Old Friend”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Description: Downtown award-winning restaurant specializing in American cuisine with a modern approach. Small plates, extensive wine list, creative cocktails.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Way back when Sacks was on 5th ave they, impressed me with their their tablecloths, vases with flower and best of all NOT iceberg lettuce salad but mixed greens with up to my taste simple dressing. The main dish was also excellent.
Recommending them and getting good feedback shows they have not lost theit touch.

1  Thank Erika O

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here once in August 2013. The wine list is good but not extraordinary. We had a small table for two but the food saved the day. Everything we had was excellent, service was fine. I give it a strong recommendation.

2  Thank peeblesn
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After spending many days with a cruise line, this place was heaven for us.
The food was fresh, tasty and delicious. The chef's selection for spices was outstanding.
We loved the flavors and combinations. While the restaurant was somewhat expensive, it was worth the trip.
We loved the Latin infused flavors in the meal.
The crab cakes and olives were great as appetizers along with the pear salad and salmon tempura. We loved them all.
The king salmon dinner was delicious. And, we enjoyed all of the desserts. We ordered a selection of them and didn't have a bad one. Perhaps the apple cake was the one we liked the most.
Dinner for 4 with a bottle of wine was about $275 before tip.

2  Thank S T
Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I lived in Anchorage, I used to LOVE going to this restaurant with friends and family for special occasions or pre/post theater. They have the BEST salmon dish with a wasabi sauce that I always order when I go, though they have many other tasty dishes that occasionally tempt me away from my standard. Their wine list is great, the staff helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is lovely with beautiful artwork by local artists displayed on the walls. The last time I went was for Mother's Day brunch with my family, and I had a great dish of huevos rancheros. Highly recommend!

2  Thank broadwaymadame
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Do not, I repeat, DO NoT order the king crab dinner for $36.00. I got 1 soggy, unbelievably small, dried out crab leg for $36.00. I was absolutely appalled and the miserable dinner I received. I sent it back for the fettucine which was just OK. Service could have been better, we were ignored most of the night. For that much money go some where else. So not worth $150.00 for two people

Went to 3 other Alaskan cities that offered king crab on the streets and they were only $20 per leg and outstanding, sweet, large and worth every penny

2  Thank Bonnie S