“Wow. This place could hold its own in any city.”
Review of Sacks Cafe

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Description: Downtown award-winning restaurant specializing in American cuisine with a modern approach. Small plates, extensive wine list, creative cocktails.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I know that this will sound condescending, but this restaurant would fit right in in any city in America as a top place to dine. We knew that we had but one meal to eat in Anchorage before heading to the airport for our evening flight, and we researched far and wide (including here) to find the one, single best meal in Anchorage and I am certain that we found it at Sacks. The Halibut Curry appetizer was awesome as was the tempura Salmon roll. The Halibut entree was great too. The crab legs were good, but not terribly unique. You can get good crab legs just about anywhere. But we figured, when in Anchorage, you might as well get an order. Very professional and kind service as well. I don't know if or when I will be back in Anchorage, but if I am, I will certainly come back to Sacks.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stumbled onto this restaurant by accident and am so glad that we did. The food is great. Staff is great. Atmosphere is good. We had the halibut which was the best.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Looking for a decent place to eat in Anchorage my family and I went to Sacks Cafe. We booked on opentable and went for it. The restaurant is modern and classy without being too fancy on the inside. The service was good but at certain times it was hard to get our waitresses attention since they were PACKED (on a weeknight too!). The food was delicious. I have multiple food allergies that usually makes eating out a drag but this place made my worries disappear. They only cook with olive oil and don't add sketchy ingredients to their dishes. The best part? I ordered the halibut and it was seriously the best halibut I ever had in my life. I ended up ordering halibut at almost every other restaurant and being hopeful it would be as good...no such luck. Their halibut is the bomb. I can't remember what the rest of our party ordered...probably because I was too busy savoring my halibut. I had a homemade sorbet that was a little on the icy side but it didn't even matter because my main course blew me away. Eat here. Get the halibut.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sack's Café got good reviews in a variety of sources so when we were in Anchorage we made a dinner reservation. It was so good we went again the next day for lunch. For example,the cioppino was a completely original and delicious take on an Italian classic using local seafood in a tomato saffron sauce. The prices are reasonable even on the extensive wine list. The service is friendly and efficient. This restaurant would be in the top tier here in Chicago.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a find. Very quiet and a bit off the beaten track so a lot of tourists were not there. They served very find quality food, with vegetarian options and at a reasonable price.